Daily Post 11/5 (Better late than never!)

Vanishing Vixen
on 11/7/08 9:20 pm - NJ

So, I had my once-a-year physical with my GP yesterday, and we got into the topic of plastics.  Mainly, whether or not my insurance (which will be changing beforehand anyway) would cover any of it.  We've been documenting any rashes or problems I've been having in areas that never had trouble before (under my arms is the worst), and at least this way, if I need to appeal, I will. 

Here's the question.  How many of you are considering plastics?  How many of you would consider them if your insurance would cover it?

Since I haven't had kids yet, I'll probably do my arms, boobs and sides in one shot.  After I pop out a few babies (LOL), I'll get my tummy and thighs done.

So what's your plan?

Highest: 315 ~ Surgery: 296 ~ Current: 177.8 ~ Goal: 165

JustJean
on 11/8/08 11:24 pm - Ontario, CA
RNY on 08/25/06 with
From the beginning, I always said there would be no PS in my future - didn't want to go through another surgery, if I could help it.  My insurance probably wouldn't cover it anyway...    but now, if money weren't an issue, I would definitely have some work done.  I have no boobs, my tummy is way out of proportion, and everything else is just sort of hanging...   when I'm dressed, I look pretty good, so if I never get anything done, it's ok...  my boyfriend loves me anyway, and he says he doesn't notice all the imperfections...    it would just be nice to be even more confident about my own body, for the first time in my life! 

Sat on the loser's bench 8-25-06!! 
High 334/PreOp 275/Curr 168

Made it to goal, then gained again...  working back to goal of 155!! 

The Lord doesn't require us to succeed, He only requires that you try - Mother Teresa

debim3
on 11/9/08 11:35 am - Roberts, WI
If my insurance would cover it, I would do my arms, neck, boobs-of course!, tummy and butt.  The rest of me looks pretty good.  But since my insurance won't cover it (I've only had one rash and it wasn't that bad), it's not going to happen...
HW 265 / SW 226.5 / CW 130.5 / GW 135

jj_in_CA
on 11/9/08 12:41 pm - Gualala, CA
I've always thought no..but after attending the OH event in Los Angeles I might have plastics.  Dr. Katzen gave a really good talk.  If money wasn't an issue, of course.  I'm a real chicken though..I'd have to psyche myself up for the pain issues.
---jan---

---jan---

kmvanvliet
on 11/9/08 11:39 pm - Manchester, NH
I've just had two consults with plastic surgeons within the last couple of weeks.  I'm looking to have my arms and tummy done.  Looks like it will be a full circumferential lower body lift and arms.  One doc won't do both procedures together.  The other will, but he's further from home.  I'm very torn right now.  First, this is purely cosmetic (except for the rashes).  It's not going to cure the things that the RNY did like the hypertension and prediabetes, so is it really necessary?  Second, although I liked the local doc much more, I can't afford to take more time off from work, which would be necessary if I broke up the procedures over 2 surgeries.  So I'm really betwixt and between right now.  If money was no object, I'd also go back and do my breasts and inner thighs, but I think that's not going to happen in this lifetime. 
"I am not the skin I'm in, but the soul within."
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 406 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 656 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 850 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 536 views