Daily Post (a little late) 10/28 & 10/29

Vanishing Vixen
on 11/1/08 3:28 am - NJ
Sorry I'm late, but we got a foot of snow on Tuesday (RARE for October where we live - in fact, I haven't seen it happen in my 30 years)!  On top of that, we lost power for two days.  But everything is back to normal (or as normal as it was to begin with), and I'm catching up on stuff.

Speaking of no power, how do you keep yourselves entertained when we lose the things we take for granted (like electricity!!!)?

We had no heat either, so we ended up staying at a hotel (a pricey choice but it was our anniversary on Wed).  Had it not been so cold, or our fireplace been checked so that we knew we could use it, we probably would have set up camp in the family room, used candles for light, and played a game (or two).  Without being able to cook however, would have made meals more difficult.

Highest: 315 ~ Surgery: 296 ~ Current: 177.8 ~ Goal: 165

JustJean
on 11/3/08 12:30 pm - Ontario, CA
RNY on 08/25/06 with
Glad it all worked out ok! 

I spent the weekend sitting in the hospital with my boyfriend, and although we had electricity, we had no laptops with us and the TV selection was horrible...  so we talked a lot (when he wasn't asleep) and I read a book, read the newspaper, took walks around the halls, and talked on the phone with family and friends. 

Eating was difficult too, as I didn't want to leave his side - missed quite a few meals, and those that I did eat were on the run - so I actually gained weight from eating the wrong things...   my wonderful sister brought me Starbucks and a bag with bottles of water and some food on Saturday - saved me that day!

Sat on the loser's bench 8-25-06!! 
High 334/PreOp 275/Curr 168

Made it to goal, then gained again...  working back to goal of 155!! 

The Lord doesn't require us to succeed, He only requires that you try - Mother Teresa

jj_in_CA
on 11/9/08 12:30 pm - Gualala, CA
We put in a generator when we moved here because power went out so often.  I've been thankful we did many times.   We go on business as usual.  I'm happy we have satellite TV since the local cable company usually goes out too.  Otherwise we read, do a puzzle, exercise.  Cooking isn't an issue.  Even if the generator didn't work, we bought a BBQ that has an extra burner we can use for pots or pans.
---jan---

---jan---

Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 406 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 656 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 851 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 536 views