Daily Post 10/25

debim3
on 10/24/08 11:51 am - Roberts, WI
I've just started dating again after not dating for at least a dozen years.  My friend knows all about my surgery, but the other day he made comments about how little I was eating and he was concerned as we were going out to play golf after lunch.  I told him I'm a big girl and I eat when I'm hungry and not to worry.

My question is...what do you say to loved ones or dates that are concerned that you're going to drop from lack of food?  Do you find that on a date you just don't eat much?

I'm finding I eat probably 1/2 of what I normally would and I'm full.  I told Gary he's great for my diet!!  LOL!!
HW 265 / SW 226.5 / CW 130.5 / GW 135

JustJean
on 10/24/08 12:06 pm - Ontario, CA
RNY on 08/25/06 with
I started dating about a year ago, and didn't mention my surgery to anyone until I met Curt...   on our third date, I told him about it because we spent the day at the beach and it was fairly obvious (spending the entire day together) that I wasn't eating like a "normal" person would.  He told me that he had a friend that had WLS, so he'd suspected it anyway.  He immediately made me feel comfortable about it. 

As far as friends and relatives, no one's been too concerned about it - they all know that I eat what I have to to feel good...   and I've done pretty well.  Early out, my daughter would worry sometimes, but she calmed down after a few months. 

Good luck with Gary - hope it works out as well as Curt and I!!  

Sat on the loser's bench 8-25-06!! 
High 334/PreOp 275/Curr 168

Made it to goal, then gained again...  working back to goal of 155!! 

The Lord doesn't require us to succeed, He only requires that you try - Mother Teresa

Kimberlin Katayama
on 10/24/08 12:06 pm - CA
I need to borrow Gary! LOL My hubby made a comment tonight when I was trying to cut pizza into slices that I just took out of the oven. He said "Here let me do it you dont have the muscles cuz you havent been eating very much the past couple months"  When he says things I know its a joke, but i have mixed reactions from friends, My overweight friends are actually suprised at how much I eat, they seemed to think I would never eat agian! My skinny friends see what I eat and say I dont know why you did that to yourself! The person that really gets me is my grama, shes old fashioned and you show your love by giving food and you show your appriciation by eating it! Apparently for the past 4 months I have not been very appriciative!
I go on date nights with my hubby and its funny the cheaper the restaraunt the more I can eat... the more expensive I get full fast      When Im in front of other people if anything I think I might eat more depending on who Im with.

Pre-op 210lbs (6/18/2008) Maintaining Goal! 120lbs
~ Robin ~
on 10/24/08 12:15 pm - Muskegon, MI
I don't really deal with this much. I'm married. Everyone in my life that is close to me knows I had WLS, and they know I'm in control. I do have one friend *****cently said "do you feel like you don't have energy?" and I told her most of the time it's quite the opposite, since dropping nearly 160 lbs, I feel more energetic than ever... I'm not carrying around another person all day anymore!! lol

- I will learn to let go what I cannot change, but I will change whatever I can. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Have you taken your vitamins today? 

jj_in_CA
on 10/24/08 1:06 pm - Gualala, CA
One of my friends was worried and I guess she didn't believe I was ok when I said so.   She checked with another friend who had the surgery several years ago and she confirmed I was OK and even SHE had trouble with food now and again.  My friend told me afterwards..OK, I won't worry anymore. 

Other than that, I eat what I can and eat slowly so at least I don't finish 20 minutes before my friends do.  Not many have said anything.  But in a small town, everyone knows everything. lol  Folks I don't know asked me how I'm feeling and how surgery was.  That's unnerving.
---jan---

---jan---

huskerfan85
on 10/26/08 11:08 am - Colorado Springs, CO
My former date knew I had had stomach surgery, just not what kind.  He was concerned that I did not eat a lot at one time, but I explained to him that I ate small meals 6 times a day, and that was enough to satisfy him.  I also jokingly told him that I was a cheap date as my meal would be more than one for me, and I really did  not want to order an appetizer, meal and then dessert.  I do order dessert, and share, but right now it is not serious enough for me to tell the entire truth.
Gayle  6'2" 

Vanishing Vixen
on 10/27/08 10:58 am - NJ

I only go on dates now with my hubby, and he knows all about what I can and cannot eat.  As far as other people are concerned, I have no problem telling them that I had surgery and cannot eat much in one sitting. 

Highest: 315 ~ Surgery: 296 ~ Current: 177.8 ~ Goal: 165

Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 406 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 656 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 850 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 535 views