Daily Post 10-9 thorugh 10-10

jktcbuck
on 10/13/08 3:22 am - IA
Well aren't I just the bone head.  I was out of town and my parents did not have internet service so I let ya'll down.  My apologies.

When you go out of town or are on the road, how do you deal with the less than perfect options you have available for meals?

Beginning 261 /Current 182 /Goal 160 Almost at the end of my rope!

kmvanvliet
on 10/13/08 11:07 am - Manchester, NH
I try to bring the things that I can't live without, like my protein shakes, yogurt, a fruit, PB2, etc.  If that's not practical, then I just make the best choices I can from what I have to choose from. 
"I am not the skin I'm in, but the soul within."
JustJean
on 10/14/08 2:15 pm - Ontario, CA
RNY on 08/25/06 with
Early out, I tried to carry beef jerky and water everywhere I went...   now, I usually have some peanuts with me, just in case....  but I can eat almost anything now, (just because I can, doesn't mean I should...) so I'm not so obsessed with having provisions along for the ride... 

On Sunday, my boyfriend and I went to visit a friend (and client) of his "for a couple of hours" and ended up being there all day long...  I hadn't eaten breakfast, and Curt told me we'd go out to lunch afterward....   well, about 1:00 p.m., his friend offered us tea and banana cream pie - which I gladly ate, since I was STARVING!!!   Then, about 4:00, offered Halloween candy, which I refused....   by 6:00 p.m., I thought I was going to pass out - I was ready to borrow a car and go to Wendy's!!!   Curt got stuck working with them on some business, and I was absolutely ready to faint...   I quietly told Curt I needed to eat, and he said we'd be going soon...   but then his friend took off and came back with Subway sandwiches...  and again, I ate it without a second thought!   So Sunday was bad, and along with a few other bad days last week, I gained five pounds!!   Serves me right!!!   

Sat on the loser's bench 8-25-06!! 
High 334/PreOp 275/Curr 168

Made it to goal, then gained again...  working back to goal of 155!! 

The Lord doesn't require us to succeed, He only requires that you try - Mother Teresa

debim3
on 10/14/08 9:32 pm - Roberts, WI
I'm far enough out that I can pretty much find some thing I can eat, or I just eat a tiny amount of something I really shouldn't eat.  I don't do that often, so I don't really worry about it.  I used to carry food with me, canned meat, jerky, etc.  The only food I carry with me now is a granola bar in case my blood sugar drops low.  There have been times when I wish I'd brought something because the food at church, or wherever was a hot dish or pasta dish.
HW 265 / SW 226.5 / CW 130.5 / GW 135

Vanishing Vixen
on 10/15/08 6:57 am - NJ
I usually have something with me, like a protein shake or something, to amp up my levels if I need it.  Other than that, I make the most of what I can get.  I like grilled chicken salads, and even the ones from Wendy's or McDonald's aren't too bad.

Highest: 315 ~ Surgery: 296 ~ Current: 177.8 ~ Goal: 165

jj_in_CA
on 10/15/08 11:05 am - Gualala, CA
I bring a bag just for food things.  Protein powder, a couple bottles to mix them in, a funnel, the Bariatric Advantage 7 Day Kit for vitamins, mozzarella sticks, peanut butter and my timer (I tend to eat too fast otherwise).  When I get there I get more mozzarella sticks, Soy Slender etc. 

---jan---

vivk1010
on 10/16/08 1:57 am - Greeley, CO
I try to take the basics. But if I forget something, you can always find meat, and a lot of convenience stores carry protein bars and shakes.  I just discovered Muscle milk RTD and it is great.
Vivienne

Shatcher
on 10/26/08 5:45 pm - Harrison, ME
I always go for the protein whatever there is available.  If no protein is available I usually have a stash of edamame in my truck so I eat that. 

Stephanie

View Full Size Image

Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 406 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 656 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 850 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 535 views