Daily Post - 9/5

Vanishing Vixen
on 9/5/08 1:36 am - NJ
Lea needs some help, so consider me one of the helpers.  Here's your daily post for today!

Lately, I've noticed that sometimes when I go into a store, I shop confidently.  Other times, I feel as though the sales people or other shoppers are looking at me as if I don't belong.  Like, in my mind, they're still looking at me the way they did when I was bigger.  I'm down to a 12 or 14 from a 22/24, so yes, I can wear the clothes in the sections I shop in, but I still get this way sometimes.  Have any of you had this problem?  Have any of you conquered it?

Highest: 315 ~ Surgery: 296 ~ Current: 177.8 ~ Goal: 165

kmvanvliet
on 9/5/08 2:26 am - Manchester, NH
I can't say that I have ever felt that way. 
"I am not the skin I'm in, but the soul within."
vivk1010
on 9/5/08 6:51 am - Greeley, CO

I am having this problem.  I havent got a clue how to conquer it, and it goes right along with wondering if anything in stores such as Kohls would fit me.  I am wearing a 12/14 or L top,and 14/16 pant (from walmart) but for some reason I think that the sizes at Kohls will be so much smaller than what I can wear.  Any suggestions for that????
Vivienne

jktcbuck
on 9/5/08 2:12 pm - IA
That happened to me one day when I went into American Eagle.  The guy kept following me around the store asking if he could get a BIGGER size for me from the back.  After the 5th time of his asking me that I finally said, "Look.  I get the feeling you think I should not be shopping in this store.  I can assure you if I didn't think I could fit into anything in here my ass would be a Lane Bryant.  Now ******g back off or I will go somewhere else".

Beginning 261 /Current 182 /Goal 160 Almost at the end of my rope!

Vanishing Vixen
on 9/5/08 11:26 pm - NJ
Good for you!  No one has ever said anything to me (yet).  I am just basing this off of looks.  I think if I had been in your shoes, I would have demanded to speak to not only the store manager, but the district manager, and made a HUGE (as huge as my ass used to be!) fuss about it.  That's not just rude, it's unprofessional.

I was in a Mandees the other day, and I just felt like the other shoppers were wondering what I was doing there.  Now, don't get me wrong, I don't go there for their clothes.  They tend to have cute shoes that are relatively inexpensive.  As I was there however, I found something cute that I wanted to try on.  Sue me.  LOL 
Highest: 315 ~ Surgery: 296 ~ Current: 177.8 ~ Goal: 165

jqx4
on 9/6/08 1:06 am - Rives Jct, MI
Good Morning,

I don't get that feeling.  Probably because I don't really care what they think, if that's what they are even thinking.  Sometimes I'm surprised that I'm able to shop the smaller sized departments.        Jules

debim3
on 9/6/08 9:46 am - Roberts, WI
I have felt that way too.  But I don't think it has to do with anyone but me.  My self esteem is still low, on some days, and I have to remind myself that I FIT in these clothes.  I belong there.
HW 265 / SW 226.5 / CW 130.5 / GW 135

JustJean
on 9/7/08 12:01 pm - Ontario, CA
RNY on 08/25/06 with
I remember feeling more like I didn't belong based on my own feelings, more so than any looks or remarks from anyone else...  but the proof was in the dressing room.  I loved taking clothes in to try them on, and loved buying them even more!  You just shop to your heart's content, and don't let anyone tell you you don't belong!!!  

And just FYI - my favorite pants are from Kohl's - they're the Kohl's label called Sonoma, and they are soooo comfortable!!   Try them!!  

Sat on the loser's bench 8-25-06!! 
High 334/PreOp 275/Curr 168

Made it to goal, then gained again...  working back to goal of 155!! 

The Lord doesn't require us to succeed, He only requires that you try - Mother Teresa

JustJean
on 9/7/08 12:04 pm - Ontario, CA
RNY on 08/25/06 with
sallbu
on 9/8/08 1:12 pm - Cattaraugus, NY
I still do not shop a whole lot and I tend to stay away from the stores where the sales people hoover so this has not been a real issue for me.    The times I have felt this way I think it has been more in my head then anything else.

Sally
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 408 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 657 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 854 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 537 views