Daily Post--8/25/08

lea2be
on 8/23/08 3:11 am - LaBelle, FL
For the shy people who used to be invisible--How do we get out and meet people?? How do we become visible?

Lovin' Life with Lea

Lea in WV   HW410/CW220/GW185   Proximal RNY 8/29/06
ObesityHelp Mini-Challenge Support Group Leader
CLICK HERE for discount codes for savings on various WLS-friendly products!

Vanishing Vixen
on 8/23/08 8:19 am - NJ
I wasn't shy before, and certainly am not now.  But I'd like to know how people are overcoming that!

Highest: 315 ~ Surgery: 296 ~ Current: 177.8 ~ Goal: 165

kmvanvliet
on 8/23/08 11:08 am - Manchester, NH
I don't know if I'm shy or not.  I never felt invisible, always just the opposite.  I didn't like it, but I always felt like I stood out like a sore thumb!  Now I feel "normal" but I don't think my attitude towards meeting people has changed.
"I am not the skin I'm in, but the soul within."
vivk1010
on 8/24/08 2:15 am - Greeley, CO
I am having a hard time with this.  I moved to a new town 5 months ago, and havent really made any friends, I work with a lot of great people but I am too shy to push myself on them or their out of  work activities.  I would love to meet new people.
Vivienne

JustJean
on 8/24/08 6:19 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 08/25/06 with
I was so shy, and sometimes, I still am...   but it's easier now, just living life.  I have met the love of my life, and through him, many more new friends.  I attend church with him regularly.  My daughter's friends spend more time around the house, so I get to know them better too.  Possibly because my outlook is brighter?  I dunno, but people in general seem more drawn to me. 

I also do Partylite candle parties - I signed up (for the second time) the day before my WLS, and I'm so much more successful this time around.  I tell everyone at the parties that the first time, I did it for the money - this time, I do it for the social outlet.  I love being "invited" to party a time or two every week, and I get to meet new people every time!  I also love the camaraderie of the meetings and helping others find their niche in Partylite.  It's so nice to begin a relationship based on a mutual love of candles - and sometimes, I gain lasting friendships!

Sat on the loser's bench 8-25-06!! 
High 334/PreOp 275/Curr 168

Made it to goal, then gained again...  working back to goal of 155!! 

The Lord doesn't require us to succeed, He only requires that you try - Mother Teresa

Laura110169
on 8/24/08 6:37 am - Seymour, CT
Honestly, being shy is something that I "am"...I don't think that I can undo that shyness just because I lost weight...I am trying very hard to be more active in Church....it is not easy for me...but my priest is pushing me and needs my help so that kind of encourages me...but overall...I don't see my shyness going anywhere!

Shatcher
on 8/24/08 1:01 pm - Harrison, ME
I always wondered how can people NOT see a 286 pound person?  I was a shy wall flower.  I still don't go out of my way to be seen.  I'm still the wall flower

Stephanie

View Full Size Image

debim3
on 8/25/08 10:04 am - Roberts, WI
I am a greeter at church, plus I'm on the welcoming committee for 2 different groups.  So, I'm the person that shakes your hand and smiles at you and chats with you to make you feel welcome....
HW 265 / SW 226.5 / CW 130.5 / GW 135

jqx4
on 8/26/08 5:38 am - Rives Jct, MI
I'm real involved with my church.  I don't think that I'm shy, but I was very quiet.  I seem to be out of my shell a bit more since my surgery.      Jules

rose56
on 8/27/08 12:05 am - holbrook, NY
not sure but look forward to reading everyones answers on this one
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 407 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 656 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 854 views
Free Recipes