Daily Post--8/22/08

lea2be
on 8/19/08 4:39 am - LaBelle, FL
Now that you may have lost all or most of your weight, if you see a before pic of yourself, what do you think about that person, and how is that person different from the thinner you?
kmvanvliet
on 8/19/08 5:14 am - Manchester, NH
I feel sad for her because I know how tormented she was with all the weight on her, but I also feel sad because I realize now that it was only weight. What I mean is that when I was heavy, I hated myself. I guess I didn't see anything about me that I liked because I tied everything about me to my size. It's sad because I was still a nice person under all that fat, but I couldn't cut myself any slack at that time. By the way, I don't now, or did I ever, feel that way about other heavy people, just me.
Shirley D.
on 8/19/08 6:26 am - Plaistow, NH
I still haven't processed the difference, most of the time. I went out to get an outfit to wear to a shower and automatically headed for the plus size dept even though I now wear a 10!
jj_in_CA
on 8/19/08 9:27 am - Gualala, CA
I can't wait to find out. I looked in the mirror last week and was so surprised at how much thinner my face was and I did a double take. Time will tell.
debim3
on 8/19/08 12:44 pm - Roberts, WI
I'm embarrassed that I ever let myself become that person and that I let it come to WLS. I am so afraid of becoming that person again. I'm more confident, I'm not invisible anymore, I'm bold and I don't put up with as much crap as I used to.
Laura110169
on 8/20/08 3:50 am - Seymour, CT
Those pic's are hard to deal with. I can see the pain in my face (both physical and mental) and know that I was just getting by and not really living. I was a sad person and I am not anymore...life is so much happier with most of my weight gone.
Salsajo
on 8/20/08 7:52 am - Hager City, WI
i agree with Debi Mager. I can't believe I let myself go as far as I did. I have so much more confidence now and don't put up with much crap anymore!!!!
rose56
on 8/20/08 8:23 am - holbrook, NY
When I see a picture of myself 70 pounds agi I just can't believe its me, as a matter of fact yesterday I went into fashion bug and for those who don't have a fashion bug 1/2 store is plus and other misses you walk in the door and go either left for misses or right for plus and this time I was able to go left for kmisses what a werid feeling I felt as if I did not belong on that side, I felt everyone was thinking Imust be buying a gift. I guess I still feel like the fat girl.
sallbu
on 8/20/08 11:19 am - Cattaraugus, NY
I wonder how I ever let myself get to that point. Also I wonder how anyone ever wanted to spend time around me when I looked like that. Sally
JustJean
on 8/20/08 11:38 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 08/25/06 with
I'm so embarassed that I looked like that - and I'm sad that I stayed that way most of my life. I was never "normal", so it wasn't a matter of letting myself go, but it's still hard to see how horrible I looked and felt for so long. I wonder how different my life would have been, had I been able to lose the weight when I was younger.
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 408 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 657 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 854 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 537 views