Daily Post--8/18/08

lea2be
on 8/17/08 4:56 am - LaBelle, FL
Food ideas are always welcome, especially now with potlucks running rampant here in the midwest. What do you take to a potluck dinner or picnic???
debim3
on 8/17/08 5:16 am - Roberts, WI
I love to bring calico beans, a small dish modified to be WLS friendly and a large dish for the "normal" eaters. I'll also bring a SF dessert so that I know there will be something there I can eat for dessert - I don't mention it's sf and 95% of the time people don't even notice!!
KimJ
on 8/17/08 8:30 am - Sacramento, CA
Cheese (a few kinds), Salami, Turkey, a few different kinds of crackers, and grapes... I am BORING!
Shatcher
on 8/17/08 10:06 am - Harrison, ME
I bring a brocolli cole slaw recipe that is a slightly altered version of Eggface's turkey slaw recipe. It's a HUGE hit and most people have no idea it's WLS friendly. Or, I bring lots of cheeses with fruit.
kmvanvliet
on 8/17/08 10:14 am - Manchester, NH
Fruit platter usually, or maybe something Mexican made with FF refried beans and LF sour cream or something like that.
Shirley D.
on 8/17/08 10:32 am - Plaistow, NH
I got a great recipe out of the "Before and After" book for Fritatta. I take that a lot and people seem to really like it.
jj_in_CA
on 8/17/08 11:13 am - Gualala, CA
Home made hummus and veggies.
jktcbuck
on 8/17/08 4:17 pm - IA
SF jello SF Cool Whip (6oz) Make jell-o according to instructions, let chill for 1/2 the time. Scrape away from bowl and mix in about 6 oz of Sugar Free Cool Whip chill for remainder of jello prep time. YUMMY jello Fluff
Laura110169
on 8/17/08 5:54 pm - Seymour, CT
Sorry...no ideas here...I usually bring mac & cheese and that is not WLS friendly at all...
Salsajo
on 8/17/08 9:48 pm - Hager City, WI
Veggies or fruit plate is good. Or a low calorie salad. The calico beans idea is a good one because of the protein.
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 409 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 657 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 854 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 537 views