Daily Post--8/11/08

lea2be
on 8/10/08 10:15 am - LaBelle, FL
What happened to your career opportunities as a result of WLS? Have you gotten a better job, a promotion, or even a totally new career since your WLS? Why did you make the move now and not before?
jj_in_CA
on 8/10/08 11:21 am - Gualala, CA
I'm retired so nothing's changed there. --jan---
JustJean
on 8/10/08 1:18 pm - Ontario, CA
RNY on 08/25/06 with
I haven't changed positions - I'm happy with my career. The main difference is that I no longer fear losing my job, due to downsizing or layoffs. I know that I have the skills and now, the appearance, to make a good impression and get another job elsewhere if need be.
Salsajo
on 8/10/08 9:29 pm - Hager City, WI
I have gained so much confidence in myself and my appearance that I got up the nerve to ask for a considerable raise and got it. Everyone got a raise but mine was a significant amount so I was pleased!
debim3
on 8/10/08 9:51 pm - Roberts, WI
Still in the same job...only difference is that my boss treats me differently. She used to make mean comments about my size, but for a while she was really nice to me. Lately she's been making comments about me getting so thin and now I think she's jealous. Just can't win with that woman, so I don't even bother to try. Her opinion does NOT matter to me at all.
kmvanvliet
on 8/11/08 1:07 am - Manchester, NH
I 'm very fortunate in that I have a great job and work for a super person. Nothing's changed for me career-wise.
vivk1010
on 8/11/08 1:51 am - Greeley, CO
Well, I got a new job, but that is because my boss fired me just before I was supposed to return to work after surgery. This job is so much better, the people so much nicer, at the time I was really upset, but it has worked out for the better. Vivienne
Laura110169
on 8/11/08 5:24 am - Seymour, CT
No..been with same company for over 13 years...like what I do and just want to be able to retire here...
viqueenfan
on 8/11/08 5:26 am - Newport, MN
The job I had for 15 years (and where I worked during/after surgery) was eliminated and I had to find another one. The surgery made a difference to me (at least I think so) in the attitude of those who interviewed me. I got another job - worked there for almost 2 years, transferred departments within the same corporation. After 1 year that job was eliminated - I was able to find a job within the company again - it was very hard emotionally and I found that I ate when I was stressed and gained 15 - 20 pounds. I've been able to lose 5 of it, so I'm on the road to recovery- to get back to where I was before. Things have calmed down and I really like my job - the money is more than any of the others I've had since surgery. I don't think I would have had as much luck finding jobs at my old weight - unfortunately how you look counts as much as what you know - at least in my experiences. If I hadn't had surgery, I think I would still be working at my first job, although I would be making less money and have more work to do - they offered me a "new job" with more work but a 4 - 5 dollar an hour cut - if I was still heavy - I'm sure I would have taken it instead of asking my old boss if she would do her same job for less money. In the end it has been worth it even though it was very rough during the time.
~ Robin ~
on 8/11/08 5:48 am - Muskegon, MI
Well, I've been a homemaker for years, but I am looking forward to finding a part-time job in the next few months!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 408 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 657 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 854 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 537 views