Daily Post--8/10/08

lea2be
on 8/10/08 9:59 am - LaBelle, FL
I can not believe that we are already almost half way through August! Wow! The kids will be starting school soon AND, I hate to say it, but Christmas will be here before we know it! How will Christmas be different in your home this year than in past years when you were heavier?? I'm not asking just about the food choices either!
jj_in_CA
on 8/10/08 11:20 am - Gualala, CA
Good Question! I'll be so thin, I'm not sure. I'll still bake a turkey and veggies but stuffing is out. lol Other than that, I'm not sure. We'll be in Pismo Beach for Christmas this year... ---jan---
JustJean
on 8/10/08 1:21 pm - Ontario, CA
RNY on 08/25/06 with
My main difference this year will be that I'll be sharing my holidays with my boyfriend's family as well as my own. Hopefully, everyone will agree to have our holiday celebrations in Southern California so that I can be with all of the families within a short period of time! This will be my third Christmas since WLS, so I know that the bad food choices are difficult but not impossible to avoid.
Salsajo
on 8/10/08 9:24 pm - Hager City, WI
I definitely will be eating less. But also, I usually bake so much and this year I am putting a limit on that. I may cut down to 3 or 4 different kinds of cookies. That is a far cry from the 20 different kinds!!! This way, there should be no left overs after the holidays. Cookies are my weakness...no dumping.
debim3
on 8/10/08 9:49 pm - Roberts, WI
I'll feel more comfortable in my skin, more like going to the office Christmas party and being around people. Don't know what I'll eat - I can't do any poultry anymore!
kmvanvliet
on 8/11/08 1:06 am - Manchester, NH
I will eat less, cook less and weigh less! I think that this year, Santa may even leave some new clothes under the tree for me -- something I never got in the past because no one could figure out what size to buy, plus now I NEED clothes. I have nothing for fall or winter.
vivk1010
on 8/11/08 1:53 am - Greeley, CO
I plan on doing more things with my daughter this year than previous years while she is on school vacation. I am sure I will eat pretty much whatever I want, just not to the point of feeling like im going to explode. Vivienne
Laura110169
on 8/11/08 5:23 am - Seymour, CT
Lookin forward to being in the moment and not so much trying to find the corner to hide in ...
~ Robin ~
on 8/11/08 5:46 am - Muskegon, MI
I don't really know how it will be different. Well, we honestly don't put that much emphasis on food during the holidays. We make a nice meal on Christmas, but we can make a nice HEALTHY meal too. Oh! I can say for sure that I will be better dressed this Christmas!!
Susan M.
on 8/11/08 7:07 am - Dallas, TX
Probably for me, less baking. This is in part to my weight loss (cookies are too tempting) plus I work from home now, and don't really have anyplace to take all the stuff I make.
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 407 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 656 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 854 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 536 views