Daily Post--8/9/08

lea2be
on 8/6/08 9:28 am - LaBelle, FL
What did you take to the hospital? And, what did you have ready at home OR what did you end up wishing you'd had at the hospital or on hand at home???
Shirley D.
on 8/6/08 12:20 pm - Plaistow, NH
I took too much with me. I took a nightgown (didn't wear it), a book (didn't read it), blowdryer (yeah, right!). I stayed in johnnies the whole time and wore my bathrobe over it whenever I got up. I didn't use my slippers either. The hospital provided me with treadsox and so I just kept those on. My cellphone was the most valuable item, outside of my bathrobe.
~ Robin ~
on 8/6/08 12:27 pm - Muskegon, MI
I took my iPod, a book, a magazine (never read) my cell phone and charger, lip balm, hand lotion... ummm that's all I can think of. Oh, and my bathrobe. I kept it pretty simple. I had everything I needed. The one BIG thing I was thankful I bought before surgery was a La-Z-Boy rocker/recliner. I had wanted one for a long time, but someone told me I would REALLY be thankful I had it after surgery, and they were right. It was too hard for me to sleep in my bed, so for a couple of weeks, I slept like a baby in the recliner.
JustJean
on 8/6/08 12:45 pm - Ontario, CA
RNY on 08/25/06 with
I took pretty much the same things everyone else did and most of it stayed in my bag the whole time. The only thing I was thankful I'd brought with me was a small framed picture of my daughter and nephew. Other than that, I could have gone without everything else. I had protein shakes, herbal tea and soft foods at home, but I remember sending my daughter to the store a few times for first aid supplies - gauze, etc. - for taking care of the drain. She also picked up some Gas-X at some point and that came in handy! The hospital gave me a small firm pillow to use and bring home with me, and I still use it to this day - not for pain (as in the beginning), but because I've grown accustomed to sleeping with it. At first, though, it was a lifesaver for getting out of bed or riding in the car!!
jj_in_CA
on 8/7/08 2:31 am - Gualala, CA
We planned on several days at a hotel afterwards so I took a lot. I didn't use maxipads and slippers at all. In the hospital I used the things with an X. I took waaaay too much in my hospital bag. The other things I used at the hotel. x water protein powder (wish I'd had this at the hospital, their's was awful) vitamins Tums mp3 player laptop CPAP x hairbrush x toothbruch etc jammies slippers x baby wipes chapstick maxipads pillows
kmvanvliet
on 8/7/08 5:22 am - Manchester, NH
I took my c-pap, hairdryer and my knitting. I never used the hair dryer, and I only worked on my knitting the last couple of hours I was there. When I got home, I had everything I needed, which was basically skim milk, CIB, FF soup and SF jell-o. I must have thought that jell-o was going to become extinct because I bought tons of it. Gave it all away to my Mom a couple of months ago. Don't ever want to look at the stuff again!
Laura110169
on 8/7/08 5:26 am - Seymour, CT
One small bag...slippers, clean undies, clothes to come home it, toothbrush and hair brush...cell phone. Truly that was all I needed.
Shatcher
on 8/7/08 1:20 pm - Harrison, ME
I didn't take enough as I ended up in the hospital for 12 days rather than 2. In that time we had a major snow storm, a major flood and then the day I left the hospital it was almost 70. But, that's Maine weather for you. My husband brought me a book, a magazing, my cell phone charger, & curling iron. I had in my bag a nightgown which I ddin't wear I asked for sweat pants and t-shirts. I watched a lot of TV and read the newspaper just about everyday. But...I mostly slept especially in the ICU.
debim3
on 8/7/08 1:29 pm - Roberts, WI
I took way too much to the hospital, didn't use 90% of it. At home I had jell-o already made and ready and water and small cups and silverware. I wish I had taken a pillow from home with me to the hospital and at home I wish I had a recliner!
jktcbuck
on 8/7/08 10:37 pm - IA
I took my own pillow and blanket. Zip robe Night shirt Loose fit pants and shirt for ride home My CPAP (surgeon said I had to but I never used it) Word Searches, Crosswords Chapstick and lotion Deodorant Toothpast and toothbrush My own shampoo and soap
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 408 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 657 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 854 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 537 views