Daily Post 8/1/08

debim3
on 7/29/08 11:29 am - Roberts, WI
Inspired by Lea... Fairs are going on all over the country this time of year. When you go, do you plan to eat certain foods or do you bring your own or do you avoid all food? How do you handle eating at fairs/amusement parks???
bridgetk23
on 7/29/08 12:17 pm - dexter, NY
Well i just went to our local fair.. and so wanted a big sugary greasy fried dough..and of course did not.... that is the only fair food i really longed for...... but the only thing i got was a bag of popcorn...... fairs are not to good for us bypass patients..lol... but on the plus side...... i can fit on rides much better at -76lbs
JustJean
on 7/29/08 2:04 pm - Ontario, CA
RNY on 08/25/06 with
We went to OC Fair a couple of weeks ago - and my boyfriend ate a deep fried White Castle burger! I had to taste it - ICK! Not good at all! The only thing I actually ate during our visit was some beef and turkey jerky - they always have those booths there! And lots and lots of water!!
jktcbuck
on 7/29/08 10:08 pm - IA
The Winneshiek County Pork Producers make Pork Chops on a Stick, so I just ate those. They are about 4oz and are protein. BUT DON'T THINK I DIDN'T TRY A FUNNEL CAKE..MM HMMMM I did!
Laura110169
on 7/29/08 10:38 pm - Seymour, CT
If I am going to a fair or amusement park I will eat there. It is a planned event and therefore I can be very mindful of my eating the days before and after and can splurge a little that day. I will stay away from the breads and sugars as much as possible...eating the burger out of the hamburger or the sausage & peppers out of the roll...that sort of thing.
Cira S.
on 7/30/08 5:08 am - Charles Town , WV
Hello, I went to a fair in May and I had a bite or two of different stuff. Before when I was pre op I ate like crazy. Now I just tasted the food and moved on it was just fine for me. Cira
jqx4
on 7/30/08 11:15 am - Rives Jct, MI
I haven't been to the fair yet, but when I go, I'll get some protein and watch the carbs. And drink lots of water. Jules
Shatcher
on 7/30/08 12:20 pm - Harrison, ME
I bring my own as fried foods make me dump badly!!!!
kmvanvliet
on 7/30/08 5:13 pm - Manchester, NH
I haven't been to any fairs this year, but we go to a lot of baseball games here at home. They're right after work, so we don't usually have time to eat dinner first. My DH will eat a sausage & pepper sub or fried something there. In the past, I've brought a protein bar or a protein shake and just eaten that. The other night, I won a darned sausage and cheese grinder (I never win anything, and now when I do, it's got to be a sub?!?!?!) Anyway, it was a foot long. I took a small bite of the steak and let the rest of my family enjoy it.
cmr3399
on 7/31/08 2:02 pm - Bayville, NJ
I bring my own and just drooolll lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 407 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 656 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 854 views
Free Recipes