Daily Post--6/4/08

lea2be
on 6/2/08 2:58 am - LaBelle, FL
If you find yourself putting on 3 pounds, what do you do to take them off? Do you try to figure out the reason or just restrict your diet to lose the pounds again?
kmvanvliet
on 6/2/08 4:36 am - Manchester, NH
That has only happened to me once since the WLS, and it was when we went to Mexico for a week. I know I didn't make too many bad choices, and I kept active. I think a lot of it was fluid retention because I wasn't drinking too much water down there. Even still, I admit that I was slightly upset about it when I got home and realized that I had gained the weight. Anyway, I just got right back to my regular eating ways and exercise routine, and the pounds came off within the first week home. I've had plenty of stalls with my weight loss and played around with one or two pounds. Even that has me always questioning where I may have gone wrong and how I can jumpstart my losses again. I haven't had a 3 pound gain since that vacation, and I hope I never do have another one, even though I know that's not realistic.
viqueenfan
on 6/2/08 5:04 am - Newport, MN
I'm in the process of losing 20 pounds of regain - watching portion sizes, exercising and working on/with therapy is what is helping me lose again.
Laura110169
on 6/2/08 5:14 am - Seymour, CT
If I put on 3-pounds I knew before I stepped on the scale and I know exactly what caused those 3-pounds to materialize on my body. As soon as that happens I immediately increase my fluids and protein and cut out the carbs and sugars...works like a charm..at least now while I am still honeymooning!
jj_in_CA
on 6/2/08 5:22 am - Gualala, CA
Before I decided to do WLS I was trying on my own to lose to thwart the type II diabetes. I did fine for about a year then gained 20 lbs. (my folks came to visit and we ate out a lot, stress, DH's disability case took a stressful turn.. I didn't put ME first). Then 2 friends sent me an article on WLS and I found OH. Within a couple days Lea posted the Memorial Day Challenge and I climbed back up on the beam walking and eating better (I'm practicing for after WLS taste-testing protein powders etc.). It's all I can do not to call the insurance company and say "Speed it up, will ya?!" ---jan---
jqx4
on 6/2/08 8:41 am - Rives Jct, MI
I haven't had a three pound gain, but when I have one or two pound gains, I cut out carbs and increase protein and fluid. Jules
debim3
on 6/2/08 9:07 am - Roberts, WI
I had one gain that I could not explain...literally 3lbs in one day. My nut said it was water retention and had me up my fluid intake and low and behold the weight dropped off within a couple of days. If I gain a pound, I cut carbs and increase protein and water and exercise. When I have the 1lb gains, it's usually no surprise to me!
Salsajo
on 6/2/08 9:11 am - Hager City, WI
First I increase my water drinking! That really helps. But I also cut back on carbs. The weight usually drops back down in a day or two.
Karen R.
on 6/2/08 9:49 am
I get the food scales out and measuring cups.. It means I am taking in more then 1/2 cup! I also make sure I am starting with that protein first. I will also increase the water! Karen
Shatcher
on 6/2/08 11:44 am - Harrison, ME
Thank God I haven't put on any weight!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 408 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 657 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 854 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 537 views