Daily Post--6/3/08

lea2be
on 6/2/08 2:50 am - LaBelle, FL
What health benefits have you received from having WLS? OR, if you are preop, what benefits do you hope to receive? (don't forget to tell us how many prescription meds you no longer need and how much that saves you a month!!)
LaurieKM
on 6/2/08 2:55 am - Windsor Locks, CT
RNY on 10/05/07 with
I am fortunate that I was able to have WLS before developing any serious health problems. However, the big change for me is that I no longer have pain in my ankles, feet and knees as I did 100+ lbs ago. I can now RUN up and down stairs without pain and without getting winded. I never thought that would happen and it is a GREAT feeling! Laurie
kmvanvliet
on 6/2/08 4:29 am - Manchester, NH
I am off 3 of my 4 blood pressure meds. I'm only on the last one because I had a heart attack when I was 42, so it's a precautionary measure, not really for treating hypertension. My doctor says that I don't have hypertension anymore. I'm also no longer pre-diabetic. I don't have GERD, back pain, knee pain, foot pain, shortness of breath. I feel great.
viqueenfan
on 6/2/08 5:02 am - Newport, MN
Going from 13 daily medications down to 2 having my diabetes "in remission" and all lab work in normal ranges restoring my health - priceless
jj_in_CA
on 6/2/08 5:09 am - Gualala, CA
I've been on the CPAP machine for sleep apnea for 7 years and have type II diabetes. I'd like to be rid of both of these after surgery. I'd also like to be able to walk the hilly neighborhood streets without huffing and puffing AND walk the local 5k River Run in October instead of watching from the sidelines. Still crazy after all these years. ---jan--- HW / SD /CW/WGW/July4 330/289/268.8/268 /262 High Weight/Start Date/Current Weight/Week Goal Weight/July 4th
Laura110169
on 6/2/08 5:12 am - Seymour, CT
Well..I am off my high blood pressure meds...which is wonderful - don't get me wrong..but as far as savings on prescription meds...there is NO savings..I make up for it in vitamins, tums, viactive, pepcid ac, biotin...I spend MORE now than before surgery...but it's ok..I feel great and for that there is no price tag!
jqx4
on 6/2/08 8:37 am - Rives Jct, MI
I no longer have to take my high blood pressure meds anymore. Savings of $20.00 per month. I'm able to walk without pain in my ankles and knees. My outlook on life has improved 100 percent ~ priceless, according to my husband ~ lol. Jules
debim3
on 6/2/08 9:04 am - Roberts, WI
I was diabetic...the key word being WAS...I can now legally say I am not diabetic. I don't have sleep apnea anymore. I was on 14 pills for diabetes and 2 shots, the cpap machine, and meds for high cholesterol. I'm off all of it. Don't think I'm saving any moola though, because now I buy protein drinks and all my vits! But I think it's a wash financially.
Salsajo
on 6/2/08 9:09 am - Hager City, WI
This is where I really feel confused. I have lost 85 pounds and feel great. It's been one year since my surgery and my doctors haven't taken me off any medications. Or even cut down on the dosage. I don't understand why.
Karen R.
on 6/2/08 9:54 am
I am no longer in need of asthma meds. If you add up the lack of hospital visits for the occasional asthma attack! Then the other meds for helping to keep it under control, I am saving a bundle. I am also more active, I spend less time on the couch and more time outside on the go! Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 408 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 657 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 854 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 537 views