Challenge Conclusion: Wrapping it all up!

lea2be
on 9/5/07 4:59 am - LaBelle, FL
Hi all! The Labor Day challenge is now finished. We've had a great round! Here's what it all boils down to! (cut/pasted from my last post to the last roll call post) I had a very stressful weekend due to some crises with my older daughter. Nothing health related (she's not sick), but she made some choices that I didn't agree with and we've struggled all weekend. Coincidentally, I didn't eat well (practically not at all some days) and I lost a few pounds. By Monday morning, I was down to 229 all of a sudden from the 232-233 of the last 3 weeks. But, the 229 has stuck and I'm still there, so I guess it wasn't just one of those 3-5 pound fluctuations that can just happen from day to day. So, I guess I did actually meet my goal though I would have preferred to do it by exercising and eating properly if you know what I mean. I did keep up with my vitamins, but was so stressed that I often forgot to eat. I am somewhat religious about my vitamins. I have no insurance till Nov 1st and can't have my labs done, etc, so I have been very diligent about taking my vitamins. I can not afford to get sick! LOL We did have several folks meet or surpass their Labor Day goal. If I push myself over to that side of the list, we had 30 people meet or exceed their goal for weight loss by Labor Day. We also had several stragglers resurface for the end of the challenge and we had several new folks join our crew as well. We are up (again) to 129 active challenge participants, but some folks (16) still need to post their goal weight they'd like to reach by Halloween or they'll be shifted to the unactive list on Friday, so that number may change again. We've been as high as 200 active participants and as low as about 80. But, we consistently stay somewhere between 80 and 90. As of today, as a group, the folks on the active list right now have lost a total of 1537 pounds! That is just since the 4th of July! And, that does not include the loss of the people who have just joined our challenge... That is just the active participants from the current challenge round which is about 100 people I'd guess. WOW!! How's that for a challenge wrap-up?? Lea
jonicorona
on 9/5/07 8:58 am - Corona, CA
Lea, That is awesome. I can't wait for the next round to conclude, and hopefully there will be just as much sucess with it as with the Labor Day challenge. Thanks for all your hard work and commitment to this cause. By the way congrats on your loss, and hope all is well now with your family. Joni
Sptoss
on 9/6/07 2:22 am
Lea, Fabulous wrap up!!! I am so proud to have been a part of the challange. I hope all is well with you and your daughter. I can remember those days so vividly, gives me chills to think about it. Somehow we all got through it and she is now 37 and an absolute joy to be around. BUT 23 years ago....well it was bad. Hang in there kiddo, I know it's tough, but you are strong and will bring your family through this crisis. Best wishes and remember to be good to yourself. Sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 408 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 657 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 854 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 537 views