Question???

Karen R.
on 8/15/07 7:29 am
I have had a toothache, can all the Ibphrophen I have been taking eat a hole through my pouch. I have been taking between 3 to 4 about 5 times a day. I am going t the dentist friday but I was thinking about this and now I an a little scared about it.
Cira S.
on 8/15/07 12:23 pm - Charles Town , WV
Hi Karen, I am sorry you have been dealing with a tooth ache. The first thing I was told by my surgeon way before I had surgery that I was not going to be allowed to use any NSAIDS ibuprofen, advil, naprosen stuff like that. These are medicines that can cause irritation and ulcers to regular stomachs so it is a big no no for small pouches. Are you feeling any pain? If you are maybe the dr can put you on prevacid to help you out. Take care and take Tylenol or Tylenol 3 for pain if you are not allergic to codeine Have the dr prescribe it for you.
Karen R.
on 8/15/07 2:06 pm
Thank you, since I have never been to this dentist he would not d=send anything. I have been trying not to take anything today for the pain. I only have tomorrow and until 11:30 Friday and the pain will be gone. I did already explain to the lady who set up the appointment that I can onlt have liquid or chewable eds due to the small opening from the band. I can make it one more day.
Marvlous
on 8/15/07 4:21 pm - West Jordan, UT
Karen: My suggestion to you is, call your surgeon and tell them about your toothache and the pain (and medicine you have been taking for it). I don't know how they are but the Group of Surgeons who I went to have my surgery would be responsive and their nurses would speak with them and prescribe an appropriate pain medicine. They might even give me some information to give to the dentist to educate the dentist. Best wishes Marva
Cira S.
on 8/15/07 11:21 pm - Charles Town , WV
Good luck with everything and like the other poster said contact your surgeon and he will be able to give you a scriot or educate your dentist. I hope all goes smoothly for you. Cira
cowangel
on 8/19/07 4:55 am - Grovetown, GA
I had some dental surgery and developed tmj from it which was excrucitating, the dentist hadme get special permission from my surgeon to take ibuprofen for 7 days but I am not allowed to take it anymore... but Ihad RNY, it may be different for lap banders cause you don't really have a "pouch" so much but i would ask surgeon
Karen R.
on 8/19/07 6:50 am
I do have a pouch just below the esphogus, that is where every thing I eat sits and slowly goes down into the stomach, that takes approx 3 to 4 hours.That is why I was concerend about the ibuprofen. I have stopped taking it and I did recieve a temp filling until Wednesday. I only have min pain now so I use orajel. Thanks to all for your help. Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 407 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 656 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 854 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 536 views