Still stuck on plateau I'm mad as He--

ozlady1000
on 8/7/07 9:29 am - Davison, MI
Hi all, Well today I kicked into even higher gear; I did 58 minutes, making 3 miles; and 625 calories burned on treadmill! I am getting sooooooo upset with my bodies lack of coperation; if I were lazy it would be my own fault but I am not! And others make me feel as if I am just being to over done in doing what I am doing. So tired of working it all! I will get off this plateau and make my labor day challenge if it darn near kills me! I can't with others or their views; but I can go to war with my body. Believe me, this is war! I wish I could be like other people who since WLS have found it so easy to lose and get to their goals. Good for them, but it still makes me wonder what to heck are they doing or do they have that I don't?????? Wonder if my surgeon didn't bypass enough, make my new stomach small enough; or just what's up with me! I AM GOING TO MOVE THOOSE FREAKIN SCALES! Sorry just blowing off steam; and giving myself future resolve and referance. Other's think I am doing fine, they aren't in my shoes. Some you know don't want to see you suceed! Let kick bootie and show'em all even more. Best wishes to my fellow difficult and slower losers. Hugs, Judy R
lea2be
on 8/7/07 11:49 am - LaBelle, FL
How funny that I sat down to read the board after kicking my own bootie mowing till it was so dark you couldn't see the grass anymore! LOL I feel the same way as you about getting those scales moving! I have lost 2 pounds this last week BUT it needs to keep moving. I don't want another 3 week stall just now! I eat right. I've cut my carbs back again. I had a butt kicking on Saturday while working that drink concession at the fair--lugging on cases of drinks and ice all day keeping those stocked. Then again today had a butt kicking session with the mower... Sunday I helped my daughter move home from her boyfriend's house so that I can get her ready to move into the dorms on 8/17 for fall semester... I've been moving even if it isn't traditional exercise. I better see some movement tomorrow morning when I weigh myself! I didn't even weigh myself today and I normally weigh every morning once I've got my bra and panties on! LOL I do! I pee, take off my nightie, put on my bra and panties, and weigh myself. It is my system! And, I figure that as long as it is always just a bra and panties I don't have to do any variations on the scale reading to account for the weight of clothing! LOL Keep moving hon! You'll win this war! Hugs, Lea
cowangel
on 8/7/07 12:30 pm - Grovetown, GA
You must must increase your calories some since your exercising so hard, even 50 calories will do it, plus up the protein... try it and see what happens....
David S.
on 8/7/07 2:53 pm
If you're as frustrated as it sounds, I don't know how much anything I can say will help you. That said here are some things that have helped others: 1. Make sure that when you exercise your heart rate is staying in the "target range" This requires monitoring your heart rate throughout your workout, and increasing the intensity to get your heart rate in the right range. This helps burn more calories, and will help you make sure you are getting the most bang for your exercise minute. Sustaining your heart rate during your workout will also result in more calories burned after your workout. 2. Consider tracking your body fat % in addition to your total weight lost. I bought an omron hand held body fat sensor on walmart.com for $35.00. They also sell some that are built into scales. I know it's an investment, but most personal trainers have them. It can be another way for you to measure progress, and track whether you are losing muscle or fat. If you're losing muscle it is a good sign you aren't absorbing enough protein. 3. Related to item #3, it is possible that your body is building more muscle, provided you're getting and absorbing enough protein in your diet. This is good because increasing muscle mass will speed up your weight loss in future weeks/months, as muscle continues to burn calories even when you're sleeping. 4. If you're consistently being good on your diet and exercise and water intake, consider increasing your calorie intake. Wanna make sure your body doesn't go into "famine" mode. 5. Remember consistency-- Many of us were very consistent in our habits to gain weight. Despite this consistency, most of us gained our weight over a period of time. Don't be surprised if your body makes you be consistent to get the weight off too. 6. Focus on your true goal: a healthier life. As frustrating as scales can be, if you are moving to a healthier you, then you are establishing the lifestyle change needed to keep your weight off for good! 7. Give yourself credit for how far you've come. Part of this is trying not to compare your success to the success of others. It is my opinion that post-surgery is not "easy" for anyone. Also, what other weight loss method have you had this much success with in so short of a time? --Dave 350/230/205
ozlady1000
on 8/7/07 7:56 pm - Davison, MI
Thanks Lea, Judy, and Dave; Yes, I know healthier life should be my main goal! I am going to take your advise and up my protein. I get almost paranoid that if I up my protein I will gain weight; I know in this case my fear is irrational but non the less it is like the little devil on my shoulder! LOL.. I have been doing way too much negative thinking! I know I need to change this and stay postitive!!! Think if I say your SKINNY a thousand times it will work. ROTFLO! I bet my treadmill hates me right now; I have been pounding the heck out of it as I run? Great job Lea on your stepping up! I am dreading my weekend weigh in report LOL! This seems to be the norm for me. Yes Dave, seems I was consistent with my weight gaining habits; but I feel I have done my best to swing the scales so to speak the other way too. I really truly appreciate your input too. Thank for all your encouragement and support! I will invest in the BMI calulator soon.. I think I need a better scales as well.. Let's see if I can give it a postitive spin and attitude, along with uping my intake and protein. I am having serious sleep problems as well too. Waking up all hours of the night and having difficulty getting back to sleep; no real good rest! Any suggestions for this? I have tried taking benydrill and other things still no help.. Need a really good nights refreshing sleep!!! Keep on going for the gold, best wishes; and thankful appreciation to you all! Hugs, Judy R
marsheeeee
on 8/7/07 11:47 pm - Jackson, MS
We all get stuck on plateaux. Mine just moved - barely - down a pound. I know how frustrating it is. BUT, Judy and Lea, re-read your posts for a second. 3 miles on the treadmill, Judy. Mowing, moving your child into college, all that other stuff, Lea. Judy, what else have you been doing? Would either of you have been able to last that long doing all that you've been doing before the surgery? C'mon, you guys are doing terrifically! Yes, you've gotten good advice, and I know you will start to lose weight again, but look at it in perspective! The surgery has succeeded! Marcia
ozlady1000
on 8/8/07 12:27 am - Davison, MI
Thanks Marcia, Yes you are so right! One year ago I would not even go for a walk with my hubby. I found it difficult just to do simple things; and much of my life revoled around how much pain I was in any given day! I am greatful for my WLS, and all it has done for me so far! I am healthier than I have been in many YEARS! Yet I have this extreme fear of not getting to goal or maintaining it.. Silly right ; anyone else have this enormus fear or just me?? I am trying to change my mind set to a more postitive one right now; and it is a struggle! Lea, don't hurt yourself! I agree we have done terrific!!> I think we will once again those pounds. I post for support, and to share with other's that I know are struggling with the same things I am. It is nice to know we are not alone. I am doing a whole world more than last year!! Thanks again everyone.. Marcia, glad you answered my post.. Hugs, Judy R
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 408 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 657 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 854 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 537 views