weight loss question

crys76
on 8/1/07 1:04 am - phila, PA
i've only loss 23 pds since 7/5 my surgery date, is that normal? i know i'm not getting all my protein nor am i drinking all my liquids, is stopping me form losing?
ozlady1000
on 8/1/07 9:04 am - Davison, MI
Hi Christine; Yes, not getting all your protein can slow your weight loss! And getting enough water to flush fat out is important too. But you are very early so don't worry. One day it will get better; and suddenly you will look down and smile. I am still a slow loser; and hit plateau's too. (6 months post op).. Try more protein: GNC has easy pre mixed can 50 Grand Slam; not yuky! I only drink half at one time; and often thin it out with some milk. You will make it! We all worry about the same things. Good luck, Judy R
fooseberry
on 8/1/07 10:24 am - E Falmouth, MA
In the beginning it seems like it is never enough but as time passes you will notice it more and more. I think 23 lbs is a good amount for your first month- You should beproud. I do agree though tha****er and protein now need to be your best friend. At this point you are probibly feeling well enough that you can really start to focus on that. I know it is hard so try ideas you see here and drink all day long. I go to bed with a bottled water and drink when i first wake up. If I start to slip on these things I stop losing. Best of Luck- Jennifer
Gabby
on 8/2/07 9:16 pm - Elyria, OH
I think 23 lbs in less than a month is good. I lost 20 in my first month and was ecstatic! Just keep working on getting your protein and liquids. Since its summer, you can get dehydrated easily and that can cause serious complications. When I was first post op, my nutritionist always told me: work on liquids first, protein second. If water is too hard to drink, add some crystal light (or similar product) to it. I carry the single serve tubes with me so I can always add to a bottle of water. If your nut has approved coffee (and you're a coffee drinker), a good iced latte is a 8-11 oz protein shake with about 8 oz iced coffee. Add splenda if desired. Keep up the great work! Gabby
BRITTNE
on 8/5/07 7:41 am - Tarboro, NC
Don't ru**** your weight will fall off ! just make sure you are eating and exercising right and Remember that every one is different no same person will lose weight the same i had gastric bypass in feb of 2007 and ih ave currently lost 85 lbs. i feel wonderful and i am enjoying every min. of life now and i love hanging out and enjoying my new look.. Please don't ru**** and have faith in your self that you can do it if you just set your mind to it and God Bless you !!! GOOD LUCK .. YOu are doing Great
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 407 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 656 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 854 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 536 views