Bicycles

cowangel
on 7/8/07 5:52 am - Grovetown, GA
Oh my goodness, last night Kenny (DH) and I bought bicycles in an effort to exercise together, he's a keeper ... Anyway, we started out last night and his tire blew out, so we bought tubes last night and after church today we started out again, boom another blow out so back to the bike store, we bought new ones and successfully rode about 1.5 miles and CRASH, I was making a turn and didn't lean into it and wiped out. ouch........ I got back up though and we fininshed... needless to say it's been comical but we're committed... We did about 2 miles all together today not bad for a start.... the hills kicked my butt.... but it's so much fun and it's "our" fun.... I'll contiinue walking with the pups and doing my gazelle for the majority of my workouts...
Princess T.
on 7/8/07 10:34 am - Licking County, OH
Ohmy...I was just thinking about draggin out the bike I bought myself for Christmas, but your story is exactly what keeps me OFF...I'm so afraid to even try. I'd hate to have my neighbors watching that - and I'd hate to really hurt myself and be unable to exercise at all.... I know that wasn't your intent...but sheesh...where can I go where no one will see me attempt to bicycle? Its been a hundred years.... not much scares me....but this truly does. I get myself all pscyched up about joining a triathlon and then the thought of getting back on a bike after so many years....
fooseberry
on 7/8/07 11:12 am - E Falmouth, MA
I have also been kicking around the idea of getting my bike road ready but that story makes me a little nervous. My husband seems to think he can spiff mine up and I will be on the road. It has been so long I am a little afraid. I know what kind of speed racer I am in a car, the thought of my butt on a bike with drivers like me is a little nerve racking. Good Luck next time and I give you credit for not just throwing the bike in the woods after the flats!!! My husband would have....LOL! Jennifer
cowangel
on 7/14/07 8:45 am - Grovetown, GA
we have a very quiet neighborhood , not on the big roads yet maybe never....
ozlady1000
on 7/8/07 11:18 pm - Davison, MI
Hey Judy, I too remember this first time I got back on my bike after years. Even though I ride my exercise bike faithfully it still kicked my butt>LOL But the more we do it the easier it will get. Great going girl. Isn't it wonderful to have a new life? Lets just pretend we are already experts.. Hugs, Judy R P.S. Have ridden in 10 years plus..
David S.
on 7/9/07 11:03 am
Judy, Shame on you for inspiring us all to get excited about getting moving and onto bikes! Honestly, one of my major goals post-surgery is to get more use out of my Schwinn beach cruiser, which I bought before I gained all my weight. Here in AZ, it's been about 115 degrees this week. Needless to say, it's tuff getting motivated to exercise OUTSIDE. Glad to hear you're ok after your fall!!! Did your DH ask you if you were OK, and then laugh once you said you were. Then again, maybe I'm not as nice as your DH. --Dave
cowangel
on 7/14/07 8:47 am - Grovetown, GA
Actually He was amazed that I popped up and got right back on it... thought he would have to help me up... He's very sweet, we laughed at all of it... i really laughed about the tire going flat.... Bless his heart we hit the streets again this week... he's a trooper
JackieBel
on 7/9/07 12:42 pm - McAllen, TX
Congratulations!!! The last time I was on a bike before I had WLS, my husband had to ride home, pick up the van, and come get me. I lay in someone's yard, almost passed out, while my 2 daughters watched. How humiliating! Even though you got a boo-boo, isn't it wonderful that you made it for 2 miles!!!! You're going to be sore tomorrow. Maybe hubby will volunteer to give you a massage, that can be part of the your "fun time". JackieBel 261/167/goal less than 150 by Labor Day
cowangel
on 7/14/07 8:50 am - Grovetown, GA
He's sweet, I was sore , mainly my booty... and I have bad knees so they are a little achy but bygolly I climbed those hills tuesday night with less effort... You can do all things thru Christ who strenthens me...
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 408 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 657 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 854 views
Free Recipes
Mariah · 0 replies · 537 views