Questions on Wish Center in IL...Lap Band and self-pay

Heather H.
on 7/26/05 2:44 pm - Osceola, IA
Hi everyone, I was curious how long the process is to go through the Wish Center in Illinois. I want to have Lap Band, and I will be self-pay since my insurance won't cover it. I tried calling the Center yesterday, but the lady who answered didn't really want to talk to me. She acting like she was too busy to answer my questions. I told her I had requested an info packet online, and she said they don't send those out anymore. She told me to go online and watch the presentation, which I did and it didn't answer my questions. She transferred me to someone else and all I got was a voicemail. Anyway... if anyone has had WLS there could you please tell me how long the process takes, to get first appointment, evals, and then to schedule the surgery. The website said it was a 10-week program and I don't know what that means. Also, from reading this message board I am understanding that Lap Band at the Wish Center is about $11,000 is that correct? I've read several figures so I wasn't sure. I want to have my surgery in the last week of September, since I will be on vacation from work and my birthday is the 30th. So that is 2 months away...is that possible?? Any help would be great! Thanks, and sorry for the long post. -Heather H
Heather H.
on 7/26/05 2:47 pm - Osceola, IA
Sorry guys... I posted on the wrong board! Not sure how that happened!
CharlesL
on 8/19/05 9:29 pm - West Palm, FL
Hi!! There is a special for the WISH center in San Antonio Texas, maybe they will answer your questions I agree with you, is bad when they do not pay attention to you http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/wish_center_lapband_special.html
Most Active