Trying to decide!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/12 2:37 pm
I was first positive on the sleeve but now I am considering the rny. I am wondering about the malabsorbtion peice of the surgery? And the diet after solids are added back what are typical foods I can eat? Does the diet get boring? Is it true eventually I will begin to absorb all of my calories again?
stephanie R.
on 5/3/12 5:43 am - phoenix, AZ
DS on 01/24/12
 Only with the DS you have to worry about the Malabsorbtion part
Elizabeth G.
on 6/6/12 11:35 pm - RI
RNY on 10/18/12
MaMia,

Recommend you post on the RnY forum message board.  At the onset you will lose weight due to restriction and malabsorption. Around 1/5 to 2 years, you're malabsorption should be resolved, aside from you needing lots and lots of vitamins for the rest of your life. 

I understand that the diet is "boring" up front but you are reintroduced to foods over a period of months. 

The RnY message forum has a lot of good info.

Liz
Laccygurl
on 7/29/13 2:29 pm - Paso Robles, CA
I had the RNY on May 13,2013, best thing I ever did, the first two weeks is nothing but luquids, my fav was chicken broth and veggie broth. I could also have yougart with no chunks, yes it was boring but it is only two weeks. Could have all pthe sugar free kool aid and and water I wanted. The next two weeks I could have refried beens with laughing cow cheese mmmm the best. But its not all that bad, buy the time you go back to doc for your three month check you can just about eat what u did befor but still have to watch carbs and sugars. My starting wight was 352, I am now 271, at all most three months out. Want to wish you luck on your journey. If you have any ?? Messange me.
Most Active