Map My Run?

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 11/5/12 1:44 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12

Some months ago an OH member suggested Map My Run. The tool worked fine. Now, though, it has changed. I can't simply create a map; it wants me to register, which I reluctantly did, but even then it wouldn't accept my info. I tried Google Earth, but I couldn't get that to function right: it skipped all over the place. (I've used it for other purposes and didn't have a problem. Maybe this is one of those Bad Computer Days.) Is there another way that actually works? Thanks for any tips you can provide.

Seht
on 11/5/12 7:31 am

I also like ridewithgps they will make you create an account but it is free.

They do have a paid option but it isn't necessary

http://ridewithgps.com/

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 11/5/12 12:33 pm - OR
RNY on 04/06/12

Oh, thanks! It works great. I mapped walking routes--and even mapped the same distances in London, England. Now I know I could walk from St. Paul's to Trafalgar Square going the same distance as three times around the park across from my house. This is pretty neat.

Carol S.
on 11/6/12 11:11 pm - Milwaukee, WI

Mapmyrun works better for me here in Milwaukee Wisconsin then it did in Coos Bay, OR.

I did register for an account but mine is free.  I run the app on my phone (iphone) and the husband can track me live if he wants to (works great for night runs IRT to safety).

Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 11/7/12 3:42 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12

Sounds like Mapmyrun hasn't mastered the wilds of Oregon yet. 

Stay safe on those night runs!

Allen Y.
on 11/10/12 4:26 pm - Garland, TX

Map My Ride, a close cousin to your ap runs good on my iPhone in the Dallas area. But I have not mastered all the features in the program. I am looking for some map my ride buddies.

Most Active