My first race event - with OH peps ACBbrown and eFernandez

ruggie
on 5/6/12 8:42 am - Sacramento, CA

Howdy folks!

So about a month ago I posted how I finished my Couch-to-5K program using the Ease into 5K app on my cell phone.  Well, time to put that training to the test, eh?  So I entered the 3rd AnnualNatomas May Day Run/Walk Race ...  but here's the cool thing - I did along with two other peps from OH, sexy eFernandez and the famous ACBbrown!!!  And I've got to be honest with you guys - ACBbrown kicked my ass - not only did she run double the distance going for 10K, but she juuuust out-paced me on the 5K segment!  Gotta hand it to her, you should have been her run past 'weight normative' people!  

Our quick stories -

---eFernandez is pre-op, having surgery in one week, and has already lost 60 pounds!  She is going to be a future VSG rockstar, I tell you, and she walked the 5K.

---I'm 10 months post-op now, lost 127 pounds, and ran the 5K.

---ACBbrown is 11 months post-op, I forgot, lost a zillion pounds and has been rocking the gym, and ran an amazing 10K!!

Anyway, we all did it!  We all hit our goals!   I just wanted to run the race, in completion, without having to stop for walking breaks - and I did!  Hit 12 minute miles which I'm just really satisfied with.  

And now for the pictures!!!

Here's the banner for the race: 

Here's ACBbrown and her little brother: 

Me and my fiance/partner at the starting line: 

Me and eFernandez - the run was really shining in our face! 

Lining up for the starting gun! 

My partner was super-sweet and had flowers and a card waiting for me at the finish line since it was my first race:

So yeah, I ran from the place that said "Start" to the place that said "Finish".  5K! 

eFernandez is just a few yards from the finish line - and I'm trying to cheer her on but just look silly. 

Here is ACBbrown just about to cross the finish line for her 10K run - amazing! 

ACBbrown crosses the finish line, 10 whopping kilometers! 

Went off and had a nice breakfast with my partner - some quiche and fruit.  Terrific day! 

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

acbbrown
on 5/6/12 9:07 am - Granada Hills, CA
 You're too sweet!!! You totally rocked the 5k. It was awesome to run the first two miles with you. You made amazing progress in such a short time! Let's do this again next year and I'll totally race you. 

Ill post a separate race report tonight but thanks for the pics(even if I cringe just a little) 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

ruggie
on 5/6/12 10:15 am - Sacramento, CA
Oh yes, let's race next year - it wasn't enough to 'simply' beat me this year, you've got to really, really rub it with a huge gap next year huh? 

It was really awesome to race alongside you - for what I could keep up with anyway LOL.

Don't cringe - you look great and you were AMAZING - you shamed some people the way you passed them!

acbbrown
on 5/6/12 10:28 am - Granada Hills, CA
 I just want a fair race - you're just a n00bie :) I couldn't have beat you by much...I was avg 12 min/miles. 

~~~~Alison~~~~~

ruggie
on 5/6/12 10:37 am - Sacramento, CA
Oh you'll get your fair race - I'm already trying to find a source of sterio....er, supplements ...

acbbrown
on 5/6/12 10:47 am - Granada Hills, CA
 As I discovered this morning, PBJ works great!

~~~~Alison~~~~~

LJ1972
on 5/6/12 9:44 am - FL
Yay! knew you could do it!
KatCooper
on 5/6/12 9:56 am - Collierville, TN
 WooHoo!!!!  It sounds like you guys had a great time!!!   I am really proud of all of you!!!

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Wildoatslady
on 5/6/12 9:59 am
Awesome folks, you rock!
StartWeight:264
Surgery date 11/23        
hrford
on 5/6/12 10:48 am
VSG on 03/19/12
 Congrats!  And super congrats on a supporting partner, I do my first 5k on Sat. and I know my husband will never think to do that.  Running a whole 5k is a super achievement! 

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

Most Active