What exercise are ya doing that you thought you couldn't do?

cutie3pie5
on 8/17/06 4:01 am - Lexington, SC
I wanted to ask this to you all, what exercise can you now do that you thought you couldn't ever do in a million years before surgery? I honestly thought that in a million years I would never be able to run, although I always wanted to give it a try.  Well heck, a few weeks ago I started running!  What an amazing feeling that was!  And I started playing tennis a few months ago, which is a big passion for me...so instead of watching it on TV, I'm OUT there on the court tearin it up!  WOOT WOOT! What's your accomplishment, I know you have had them with you all working so hard.  Com'on I know you've got'em! ~Shannon
enok
on 8/17/06 10:03 am
I do alot of sports and exercises but the two new ones I did after WLS were trap shooting and rock wall climbing.  I never would have thought I would get such a rush out of climbing a rock wall.  SO MUCH FUN!
Kari M.
on 8/20/06 6:33 am - Pasadena, CA
hum, rock wall climbing. maybe i should take my new muscles out for a spin at REI and try it. before getting into exercise, anything overly physical wasn't and didn't sound fun. but now, the idea of wall climbing sounds like it'd actually be a fun challenge.
Sandgee
on 8/17/06 12:57 pm - boynton beach, FL
Lap Band on 01/24/06 with
I never thought I would be able to swim a mile of laps. I can now do that. I never thought I could walk for an hour and not feel like I was having a heart attack.  Now I do an hour with ease. I never thought I would get into free weights.  Too much effort.  Now I miss it when I do not do some type of weight work.

Sandra
 320/255/170

Kari M.
on 8/18/06 6:39 am - Pasadena, CA
i never thought i could run. it wasn't fun to move that fast and hurt everywhere. now i run 30 min./4 times/week and i can still breathe. i'm also doing free weights and watching the weights increase in size along with my muscles, it's great! -kari
cutie3pie5
on 8/20/06 3:44 am - Lexington, SC
Kari - I can totally relate.  It's truly an amazing feeling! Keep it goin! ~Shannon
DeeDee_Cole
on 8/19/06 7:03 am

I never in a milion years imagined myself ever stepping foot inside a gym - much less now teaching at the "ultimate" meat head gym (at least how I always though this particualr gym was) Gold's Gym.  I teach a variety of group fitness classes and LOVE every minute of it.   I'm the meat head I never thought I'd be! :lol: Dee Dee

cutie3pie5
on 8/20/06 3:24 am - Lexington, SC
DeeDee, that is truly awesome!!!! You go girl!  What a wow moment in your life that must be.   Keep it goin!   ~Shannon
Kari M.
on 8/20/06 6:34 am - Pasadena, CA
wow. that is really amazing! and inspiring.
Most Active