Looking for a sleeve sister

preciouskc
on 4/11/11 12:33 pm - TX
I am scheduled to have sleeve surgery April 26th and looking for someone to speak with that can share their experience and frustration and experiences with me.
dguenat123
on 4/19/11 11:21 am - Belton, TX
VSG on 12/21/10 with
I would be happy to talk with you. I am not expert but have been thinking how nice it would be to have someone to talk to also.

Good luck on your upcoming surgery.

Dawn
Live, Love and Laugh!    
preciouskc
on 4/19/11 11:23 am - TX
I am scheduled for surgery a week from today -- and on this preop diet -- its tough -- I am supposed to have been on this a week now -- I do good for a day or two and then cheat a little -- I am not bingeing on anything sugary or anything - just nibbling on kids food.  I am back on the plan tomorrow -- averaging 50-60 grams of protein and no caffeine, low carbs -- do you think I will be okay?
dguenat123
on 4/20/11 9:13 am - Belton, TX
VSG on 12/21/10 with
I remember how exciting and scared I was at a week before. I couldn't concentrate at all. I know everyone at work was sick of me. I am soooo excited for you!

I had an easy preop diet. I had a long wait for surgery so that I could have it during Christmas break and not take extra time off from work. I did the last meal several times before the two week preop. Once I started it I was good but I ate lots of nuts and actually gained one pound. The surgeon told me my liver was huge but she didn't think it was from diet and did a biopsy. I have had high enzymes since 18 and I was at a normal weight then. I have heard several people cheat and several don't even have a preop diet until the day before. It sounds like you are trying and you should be fine.

I had a few minor problems the first week but now I feel like a whole new person. I have not lost as much as others but I wouldn't change what I did for anything. Make sure you have something for after for constipation. The pain meds tend to make some constipated and I still have to take something. There are some really good gummy fibers that I take daily along with a probiotic. The other thing that was helpful at the hospital and home was gas-x strips. I think I had four or five a day the first week.

My home email is [email protected] if you need anything at all. Let me know as soon as you can how the surgery goes. I will be thinking of you.
Live, Love and Laugh!    
preciouskc
on 4/20/11 1:51 pm - TX
Oh you are so sweet to write and correspond.
Yes, next Tuesday is the big day and I am nervous, anxious and restless about it.
I have a 5 year old and 2 year old and my ex husband (not yet divorced yet) does not know I am doing this -- and I have no family in town -- so that is why I am nervous.  I hate keeping secrets.  I have 2 girlfriend in TX now since I moved here a few years ago -- and they have hubbies and small kids, so I hope they will still come and visit. 
Glad to hear your input about the preop diet.  I am going to try and be good -- but wish I would have had more of a "last meal" so to speak before starting this. Today, I was at my son's easter party at school --and there were cookies/cupcakes galore - and it was torture to watch all the size 2 mom's eating to their hearts content.
What happened after your biopsy of your liver. 
You said you have some minor problems -- the first week -- may I ask what you encountered. What can I expect that first week out...and the day of in the hospital.  My sitter will have my kids till early everning and they will spend the night with their dad - but I will have them back the next day.
What have you liked the best about this experience. 
Thanks for the advice about the constipation -- I had that after having my 2nd c-section and it was just horrible.  Does the hospital give you anything -- if they don't they certainly should.  What did you take?  Pains meds definitely make me constipated.
And can you use any gas-strips?  What are those?
Many thanks.  Is hard managing the post-op diet of liquids for 3 weeks. Is that when you lose crazy weight.  I am worried about hair loss/fatigue too.  Did you do the multi vitamin (liquid) and liquid b12 post-op and did that help mend you.....
How is eating and controlliing eating for you now......
Thanks for writing, I am sooooooo appreciative
dguenat123
on 4/25/11 12:12 pm - Belton, TX
VSG on 12/21/10 with
Hey girl, I sent you a friend request so that I could answer your questions but it is still pending. I can remember how busy and preoccupied I was right before surgery. I am sending good wishes and prayers to be with you tomorrow. When you can let me know how you are doing.

XOXO, Dawn
Live, Love and Laugh!    
Most Active