44,000 Surgery Discount

SlimTrina
on 1/30/04 1:39 pm - richmond, VA
When I was pre-op I went to the Hospital to see how much the surgery would cost. You know make payment arrangements. My Insurance pays 80% and I the other 20%. The acct rep told me 64,000. (And that was NOT including the surgeon fees.) I liked to lost ALL THE WEIGHT RIGHT THEN AND THERe! I was mortified at the thought of paying 12,000. Right before the surgery I called the insurance company to see if they could give me any insight to the final charges most patients pay. Well HEAVEN must have smiled on me because they told me I had a cap. Once I paid over A COMBINED 1,000 for the year (FOR ANYTHING) I wouldnt be responsible for anything else. Well Low & behold I get in the mail the explanation of benifts (itemized billing receipt from insurance) The hospital charged them 53,000. 43,000+ of which they took what they called contractual ajustment. In other words because I had insurance, Tri-Care only had to pay what they considered their Allowed amount. In other words they paid 6799.73. Is that LUDICROUS OR WHAT Please don't get me wrong...I am relief cartwheels at the $26.14 copay I have to make. (yes that is it!!!) But what if I hadnt persued it. How many patients are mortgaging homes, dipping into college funds or filing bankruptcy all in an effort to be healthy. I don't think I am worth anymore than someone who doesn't have insurance. So why does the hospital? Just venting. I will include all those paying cash in my prayers tonight. God Bless, Slim Trina I guess now I know I was worth my weight in GOLD.
J. Bee
on 8/20/05 2:55 pm - Anaheim, CA
I have a 90/10 plan through Cigna & my total out of pocket is $2500 no matter what the surgeon charges Cigna. I'm always surprised at the lengths some people will go to have this surgery-insurance or not. And here I am griping about $2500. I guess I'm just thankful I was even approved (which was another battle). The things we do just to get healthy....geez!
Scott William
on 4/30/06 1:58 am
Don't get rid of the picture. I use it to pleasure myself! Scott
Ms Robyn
on 4/23/06 10:10 am - North, TX
I was wrong last year I went with miami Im still going with miami I hope wade stays healthy!!!!!
BIG F.
on 4/23/06 11:13 am - chandler, AZ
Well Ms Sunshyne, you are a very wise woman, prepare yourself for the great SHAQ ATTACK.
Jezia
on 4/25/06 3:19 am - Duncanville, TX
Marleen, we will have our surgery on the same day!!! Jezia
Most Active
Recent Topics