Any post op dealing with jealous/insecure husband/wife? HELP

amandagonzalez
on 12/27/04 2:35 am - BRONX, NY
April Loves David
on 3/24/05 3:58 pm - South Fulton, TN
Amanda- Funny you should ask!! Well first off I haven't had the surgery yet! BUT my hubby is already jealous! LOL!!! Scared to death I'm gonna cheat on him! He WAS insecure!! I had to sit him down and tell him that I would never cheat on him and if I wanted to I would have left him by now! I know its hard for men and women!! See he married a fat girl and I got fatter! Now I'm gonna be this thin woman!! And MEN will actually look at me!!! In my opinion WHO FREAKING CARES!!! LOL! I married the love of my life! The first yr and 1/2 we were married I was so scared he'd cheat on me or leave me! WHY?????? YOU ASK... Well because she is 6'3 and 142 lbs!!! TINY MAN MARRIED FAT WOMAN! LOL! I didn't think I was good enough for him! I thought he deserved a thin woman! A good looking woman! I got over it when he kept telling me he loves me and showed me he loves me! And the compliments! Basically you gotta sit them down and let them know you ain't gonna cheat, make sure you ain't though just don't tell them! LOL! Talk to them!! COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY!! Trust me! Find out what is bothering them why they are jealous or insecure and try to convince them you ain't gonna leave them cheat or anything else. It may take time but they will finally see that we're here to stay! What shocked me is that my hubby don't really tell me how he feels all the time but flat out told me he was scared to death i'd cheat on him when I was thin. Which I won't! I love him too much! My opinion ~April~ May 13, 2005 surgery scheduled
nana nae
on 7/5/05 3:47 am - JOLIET, IL
Hi Amanda, I'm dealing with jealously only not from my husband. I'm dealing with jealously from my support person. The person that was there for me when I went for my first consultation with my surgeon, the person that was with me when I went for surgery the person that was there for me when I needed someone to help me with my personal hygene while my stay at the hospital. She was there for me when I needed her she was so happy for me. that was when I was 100 lbs heavier than her now she make me feel guilty that I lost the wt and that I'm smaller than her now. when I get compliments from others she always have to state that I had the WLS surgery "you should of seen her when she was real fat" she always tell people that she never want's to ever get as big as I was. I came to the conclusion that she was used to getting all the attention now that I'm getting the attention she tries to make me feel bad. She doesn't know that I actually feel good and that gives me the opportunity to show my before pictures. I will be posting my before and after pictures soon so look for my picture profile later.
jacqueline B.
on 4/15/05 9:54 am - houston, TX
YES,YES, YES,FIANCE' IS VERY JEALOUS,IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS. HE IS SO AFFRAID I WILL LEAVE.I NEED TO BREATH HE STAYS RIGHT UP UNDER ME NOW, AND EVERY TIME WE ARGUE HE THINKS IT IS BECASUE I WANT SOMEONE ELSE.
Most Active