Mother says something negative EVERY time I see her

Beamer
on 7/4/09 12:37 pm - AL
I had my surgery two years ago, have had no complications, and have lost 115 lbs.    She keeps saying she thinks I am going to die even though I haven't lost weight in at least 6 months.  What does one do?  She knows how it's helped my blood pressure, blood sugar, etc..  I just get tired of even my friends saying "you look bad".   One of my best friends is very overweight and I think she is a little jealous.

Because He Lives....

Sparky
on 7/10/09 1:04 pm - Reno, NV

Ya know if there's one thing I've learned in my old age.....Negative thinking sucks and people that pass it along are not who I need in my life.  I am almost 5 years out and my life is a dream come true!  I have shut out the Nay Sayers and moved on with my life in a possitive way!  Sometimes ya gott ado what ya have to do.  Sparky

bleau
on 10/19/09 10:39 pm
RNY on 04/20/09 with
i know how you feel i get this from my own mother and family (not husband) say things like you will have to add things back in or rear clothes big they make you look fat other wise when she use to say the opposite my sister saying shes going to eat to gain weight to have it done because she thinks it is the easy way out i have told them both it's not easy and i don't have to add certain things back in (candy fries ect) they cann't be happy for me having lost over 100 lbs in 5 mths going down 7 sizes 8 jean sizes with my mother i know its jealously because for the first time in along time i am smaller (alot ) then her with my sister i am close the gap so i have just decided that the only one that matters what they think is me myself and i i feel better my sugers are just about normal i feel wonderful and that is all that really matters we should never worry about other just look in the mirror and tell yourself how you think you look i know i am amazed everytime i look in the mirror and love what i see 
Most Active