40 pounds of weight gain after foot surgery

E_Saenz
on 9/3/19 9:22 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I'm not one to compain but im so disappointed in myself. January 29th 2018 i had foot surgery and in 10.5 month i gained 40 pounds of my initial 80 pound loss. After returning to work 11/12/2018 i slowly started to lose I'm now 215 and struggling to lose. I'm seriouly considering either resleeve or revion. Still not 100% sure which will be best.

Elia Maria Saenz

hollykim
on 3/16/20 8:10 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 4, 2019 at 4:22 AM Pacific Time, E_Saenz wrote:

I'm not one to compain but im so disappointed in myself. January 29th 2018 i had foot surgery and in 10.5 month i gained 40 pounds of my initial 80 pound loss. After returning to work 11/12/2018 i slowly started to lose I'm now 215 and struggling to lose. I'm seriouly considering either resleeve or revion. Still not 100% sure which will be best.

you have not gained because of foot surgery. You have gained by what you have chosen to eat.
I have had foot surgery and both knee surgeries and I didn't gain because I stayed on plan.
you may not need a revision but to make up your mind to eat on plan.

Tri_harder
on 8/22/20 7:31 pm

It sounds like you are re-losing after your foot healed. Maybe the weight will continue coming off. Best of luck to you. Tri

Starfire1
on 10/13/20 7:40 pm

E_Saenz - I feel your pain- we never go into a WLS expecting to have have set backs like weight regain. I've regained almost 100lbs but totally my fault- I got depressed and ate more of the bad stuff like carbs.

However, situations arise and ultimately it's how we deal with them as to the outcome. If we aren't moving and add extra carbs or eat extra bites we'll regain however that is not a failure!! The success is when we acknowledge it(weight regain) and we're honest with ourselves as to why it really happened and then to make the next right decision to eat "on plan" and to add some exercise- that is a plan for success! This is a lifetime of change- recreating new eating habits and exercise- dealing with life's issues and still working towards our goals of weight loss, being healthy and ultimately keeping it off. We all have bad times in our lives and can risk weight regain- the best thing is you acknowledge it! You are 1/2 way to success for a lifetime! As someone once said - it's not how many times you fall down - success is about how many times you've gotten up! You're there and you CAN do this.

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/20 10:34 am - MD

Don't give up!

Most Active