Nopenname’s Posts

Nopenname
on 3/31/09 11:36 pm
Topic: RE: Penis Protein
Tell him you would prefer Flan instead:

www.lulu.com/content/4956212
Natural Harvest - A collection of Semen recipies ONLY 24.95... no really.

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

I'm pretty sure bacon tastes as good as thin feels!
*Feel free to call me "Pen" or "Nic" I'll even answer to "hey you" *

Nopenname
on 3/31/09 11:34 pm
It's already started at my house. And it started with my mother in law!! (she has a particularly rude sense of humor).

The other day I finally lost my cool with them and was like " THIS is NOT funny and I'm trying to talk to you about serious **** stop going heh heh heh Protein *vulgar hand gesture* you jerks!"

And that was the end of that.

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 3/31/09 12:51 pm
I've seen that episode a few times now and I snicker like a 12 year old when he starts describing what he's eating.

"This is so chewy and really gamey" "You can really taste the protein and it has a meaty flavor"

*SNERK!*

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 3/31/09 11:27 am
Topic: RE: Mdae has been SWITCHED!!!
Woo yay!

Sounds like everything is awesome!

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 3/31/09 1:06 am
Topic: RE: Toi buy a Magic Bullet or not.....
My opinion just from customer reviews on amazon alone is to just buy a dang standard food processor.

The ease of the cups, to me is negligable. I prefer not to have something fall apart on me long term. And a real food processor, though it has blades you have to take out and clean (or switch depending on what you want to do) will likely be more soundly made.

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 3/30/09 1:56 am
Topic: RE: How to Wake Up from Surgery?
The fact that it doesn't feel like sleeping was the weirdest part to me. It feels like being turned off.

When you're sleeping you have some sort of body knowledge of the passing of time. But not with the anesthesia.

They sort of "tricked me" with my gall bladder surgery, no counting backwards form 10 or any of that, they just said "here, take deep breaths" and I thought they were giving me oxygen, I remember my hands twitching and saying "this burns" and he said, "yeah it will" and then BAM waking up in pain.
Nopenname
on 3/29/09 11:58 pm
Topic: RE: How to Wake Up from Surgery?
After my gallbladder removal in 2003 I woke up in recovery which was one giant room with curtains in it, it reminded me a lot of the pre-op room where they looked me over and prepped my IV and such. There were other people there but I don't remember focusing in on them or even caring they were there recovering. I was covered in heavy warm blankets, as in they were warmed up. The nurse came over to me immediately and handed me my little morphine button.

It wasn't shortly after I was awake that I was moved to my room. I remember still being a little groggy even when they wheeled me down there. So I guess it all depends on your hospital.
Nopenname
on 3/29/09 1:40 pm
Topic: RE: OT - we got a new family member
Thanks, the five year old is not pictured!

Nopenname
on 3/29/09 12:33 pm
Topic: RE: OT - we got a new family member

He's a springer/lab mix and he's 7 weeks old and his name is Colt (named after my husband's father who passed away last July).

He's a mellow sweetie who seems to be a bit sad and missing his doggy family. But we're certain with time he'll come to love it here. :D
Nopenname
on 3/29/09 8:58 am
Topic: RE: Pill case - random
Really, that's a bummer. I had looked at our target and didn't see this one, I didn't see very many at all. It could vary of course heck it even varies from the website to the store. From their website you'd think they didn't have any pill cases at all.

Also, I live on an island so I tend to take be willing to take the hit for raised price for ease of accquiring things via mail order.

But seriously if it's cheaper and available elsewhere that's awesome.

Nopenname
on 3/29/09 8:50 am
Nopenname
on 3/28/09 2:59 pm
I haven't really gotten much play out of it, since it arrived today, but I am really fond of the little slide-y doors on the individual cases per day.
Nopenname
on 3/28/09 2:35 pm, edited 3/28/09 2:36 pm
So I read a thread awhile ago that suggested amazon for getting a pill case. So I went. And I wanted something "cute" (such a girl).

So I picked out this one:
http://www.amazon.com/MED-SUN-Large-Medication-Planner/dp/B0011YJE4C/ref=pd_bbs_7?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1238301082&sr=8-7

As you can see it says "Colors may vary". It arrived today and...

I got PINK !!!

PIIINNNNK. Goodness it is so cute I can barely contain myself. XD

Though I can imagine if you are a manly man of sorts this would suck for you, for me I absolutely love it, it matches my hairs.

Nopenname
on 3/27/09 5:21 am
Topic: RE: flourless peanut butter cookie recipe HELP
There's a recipie out there you can look it up for three ingredient Peanut butter cookies that is just pb, egg, and sugar (which I imagine you could substitute for artificial whatever).

I've made them before, they're more crisp than doughy and waaaay more peanutbuttery.
Nopenname
on 3/26/09 12:59 am
Topic: RE: Weight Loss...Is this all there is???
Also, I suggest at least from here on out taking your measurements. It's possible that you are subtly losing a few inches but not the weight due to muscle taking it's place (specifically possible if you have been going at excercise regularly for some time now).

If you have measurements as well it gives you a bit of insight in the many subtle ways your body can be shrinking while scale numbers may not.
Nopenname
on 3/25/09 11:18 pm
Topic: RE: This damn DS!
I am hoping the DS works for me in this way. I am attempting to lose weight as recommended by my surgeon for my surgery (more not to disappoint than any other dire consequence) and am down to less than 700 calories a day and still am seeing no progress. I'm just out of ideas, I don't know any other way to lose weight besides not eating at all.

I can't wait to have surgery and be done dieting and agonizing over this.
Nopenname
on 3/24/09 12:15 am
Topic: RE: I won my Ins Appeal!!
That is great.

I know that'd be a giant weight off my shoulders if I was in your situation. No more thinking about it!
Nopenname
on 3/24/09 12:14 am
Topic: RE: I won my Ins Appeal!!
I'd think all surgeon's have a fee or rather wages for their time, some just don't break it out for you in price. Probably for lots of reasons, the surgeon gets paid directly from the business office of the hospital they work in for instance.

The reason my surgeon broke it out for me, as I am self pay, is because if you are self pay in order to get your surgery scheduled you need to at least pay him and his assistant through their office (his fee also includes the Final pre-op consult and the 2 week check up). The cost of the hospital (two nights stay, surgery, intra-operative egd) is a different check that needs to be made out to a different business office and paid at least four days before your stay. As a self pay I also had to make a third individual check out to the anesthesiologist.

I guess when insurance covers it all you might also really not know what chunk of the 25k or whatever is "surgeon's fees" specifically.
Nopenname
on 3/21/09 10:05 am
Topic: RE: So Frustrated...shot myself in the foot here
He did say at my consultation 'I've see you've already lost a good amount of weight, but it would be good for you to lose more, be in the 360 range."

So I'm hoping he doesn't just shut me down and put my date farther out.

Nopenname
on 3/21/09 10:00 am
Topic: RE: Beth and I totally ROCK (pic)
Trampolines rock.

I'm sure those little kids are super excited. Good Job. No extra pieces right?!?
Nopenname
on 3/21/09 9:53 am
Topic: RE: So Frustrated...shot myself in the foot here
After I went to my surgeon's seminar I started to be gung-ho about losing weight because I would need to lose 10 percent of my body weight and I didn't want to end up short and I wanted to start the ball rolling now so I wouldn't have to crash diet it off in a month or whatever.

Well, I did FAB. I've lost 35lbs in the last 8 weeks. Here's the part where I totally screwed myself, he doesn't count any weight lost before the consultation and have only lost five lbs since the consultation (the 11th). So now I'm basically not eating, just taking protein shakes and vitamins that's under 600 calories a day and walking until I'm exhausted (the neighboors around the block here probably think I'm crazy) and have not seen much of a change on the scale (it went up two pounds from two days ago WHAT!?!?!) and I have my date and it's in exactly a month and I just want to collapse and cry because IF I COULD DO THIS I would not BE THIS FAT OKAY.

SIGH Okay okay ranting over. Back to my diet of water. T__T
Nopenname
on 3/20/09 12:41 pm
Topic: RE: WOW, I CAN RUN AGAIN!
I can't wait to feel what it feels like to run.

I don't remember being able to run since I was very young.
Nopenname
on 3/19/09 12:10 pm
Topic: RE: I have my date!
yay! Good news! I can't stop elbowing my husband and going APRIL TWENTY FIRST OMG !!!! at him. XD
Nopenname
on 3/19/09 9:39 am
Topic: RE: Got my date!
Indeed I was holding about 30k worth of Cashier's checks today. Granted they were all made out to the hospital, surgeon, anesthsiologists, yadda. But still it was kind of neat seeing them all there.

Then she gave me a hug, ran off to go get her hair done and have a spa day.
XD
Nopenname
on 3/19/09 7:17 am
Topic: RE: Got my date!
Yay! I paid all my cashier's checks and got my date: April 21st!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 977 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 437 views