Nopenname’s Posts

Nopenname
on 6/30/10 1:25 am
Topic: RE: I submit: You are a Freak
 Might as well!

People always ask me the reactions I get to my hair I tell them it seems like the older the lady, the more stereotypical idyllic grandma with the shawl and glasses chain she looks the more she LOVES my hair. They go out of their way to come tell me how much they love it and how they always threaten their children that they are going to put green or blue streaks in their hair one of these days. 

That and kids man. Kids always making their parents uncomfortable in restaurants and grocery stores, MOM MOM THAT LADY'S HAIR IS PINK HOW DID SHE DO THAT? HOW IS IT PINK? 

I love that. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

I'm pretty sure bacon tastes as good as thin feels!
*Feel free to call me "Pen" or "Nic" I'll even answer to "hey you" *

Nopenname
on 6/29/10 11:48 pm, edited 6/29/10 11:49 pm
Topic: RE: I submit: You are a Freak
I got booted out of the hospital 17 hours after surgery (typical stay for my surgeon), went home, after stopping at walmart to walk around and shop for things and pick up prescriptions. Stopped pain meds and was lying down in bed by a week out. Taking all my vitamins whole and 150g of protein daily no problems from day one (there was that one hiccup with crushing a multi where I ALMOST puked, and on that note I have not vomited since before surgery). And have gotten in 60oz of water a day like it's not anything. 

I had hamburger at three weeks out. I was eating butcher shop beef jerky before that. And when I ate everything going on with my stomach became better, less turbulent, less nauseous. All in all my healing from DS was 110 percent better than my healing from gall bladder removal years prior.

I am the person who brings the AVERAGE healing time down a notch. I have an iron gut, I can eat a whole sandwhich on low carb bread or two slices of pizza crust included (okay so I can eat quite a bit of food, but never EVER could I eat a whole pizza I'd have to call shenanigans on that). 

All the bragging aside. I expected for healing and eating to be HORRIBLE. I was nervous about it, steeled myself for it. Told everyone "Now you know I'm going to be healing from surgery." Was a little scared about not staying in the hospital longer. Because Average means that some people can have a litany of complications, what if I was THAT person?

I don't consider myself a freak. I consider myself one of the people who makes up the Average healing, recovery, and eating patterns of a Duodenal Switch patient. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/26/10 2:29 pm
Topic: RE: AW - Photo From A Night Out
 I agree!

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/26/10 2:28 pm
Topic: RE: Straight up photowhoring
 You're one to talk Ms. Goal Weight!!

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/26/10 2:23 pm
 My nail lady said I had "dainty hands" the other day. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/26/10 2:22 pm
 I have like the world's ****tiest "Make it to the DS meeting karma" 

Like for instance July 10th? I'll be sitting in a tattoo chair from noon until about four getting my epic self designed floral back piece lining and shading done. 

It's always like the freaking perfect storm of not being able to go and there's only the one a month and I miss it and then forget until it's too late!

I suck. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/26/10 2:20 pm
 Well I am cleverly disguising my upper arms in this shot. 

Also, waist down baby. My stomach and pannus just keeps sucking in and looking awesome. And my back and sides are trim and curvy in just the right ways. But oh dear lord my freaking knees. I got some sad sack shar pei knees. And I am STILL rocking cankles that not even wide legged boots from the plus size store can accommodate.  

My plan for this summer is show off lots and lots of boob so that no one so much as remembers I even have legs. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/26/10 5:05 am
 I'm pretty sure glitter adds all kind of fiber or something else essential to your breakfast. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/26/10 4:41 am
Topic: RE: It's back!
 I've made the egg in a hole bacon and cheddar grilled cheese on low carb bread from that site. 

You do an egg in the hole (bird in the nest, whatever you know cut a hole in the bread fry the egg in the hole) and then layer cheese crisp bacon on top and another buttered bread. Flip it once. If you do it just right you can get a runny yolk and eat the whole mess with a fork. so awesome. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/26/10 4:38 am
 I've felt pretty good about myself at each point, and would routinely get frustrated with my too big schleppy wardrobe, so I've bought new clothing the entire time as I've lost weight. 

Though I must say now it's starting to chap my hide to get rid of things as I've gotten things I actually really LOVE and don't want to have to get rid of. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/26/10 4:33 am
 Yeah those were just "dates when milestones happened" I beefed the editing one day though and completely lost my "twoterville" date and all that. And was exercising my laziosity in not going to figure it out via my ticker and put it back in there. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/26/10 4:31 am
 The radiant part is my fake tan...shhhh don't tell anyone. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/26/10 4:30 am
 Only problem with it is I found pink glitter on my eggs this morning. I guess this is the price you pay for being fabulous. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/26/10 3:40 am
 Just Because!!

Mostly because I didn't try this shirt on when I bought it a month ago and it didn't quite fit then. Well it does now. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/25/10 2:51 pm, edited 6/25/10 3:04 pm
Topic: RE: Banana Soft serve recipe (No added sugar)
 I have maybe a potentially accurate guess! 

I have an appointment on July 10th for something rather large and, what I hope to be at least, gorgeous. 

I designed it myself so there's at least that. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/25/10 8:23 am
 Just pick out some ones that are a little bruise-y looking, ones you know, they left out from the day before no one took home, that's what I did. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/25/10 7:22 am
Topic: RE: Back from plastics! (Sorry it's long and loopy!)
 Good to hear you're doing well (all the cutting considered!)

Also I'm a little relieved I'm not the only person who thinks this:  "My mons no longer looks like a scrotum!" 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/25/10 6:05 am
 Well and it's not an every time food, that's to be certain. But if you're hankering for some ice cream it can certainly fill that void in your life with less of an impact sugar wise. 

Heck, I didn't even use brown ripe bananas, just ones that were a bit spotty. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/25/10 5:59 am
Topic: RE: I can't believe its not cynanide!
 "Sit down pour out a bowel of sweet chili sauce"

Best. Typo. Ever. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/25/10 5:44 am, edited 6/25/10 5:45 am
 Because it's hot out there! Okay well...it's not hot out HERE but some of you live in places where it IS hot. I just came along this fantastic and super easy recipe and made it. It has no milk and no added white sugar so it's probably considerably better for many of your insides than the traditional stuff. AND I added protein powder and it was still super good. 

What you'll need . . .
  • 2 ripe bananas, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • Handful chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate girardelli's) 
  • Protein powder (I used Champion chocolate)

What to do...

Freeze your chopped up banana coins overnight. Chuck your bananas into a food processor, blend up a little so that they're chopped but not creamy, dump in the peanut butter and chocolate chips, and a scoop of protein powder and then blend until creamy. 

Eat immediately or shove back into the freezer to have it firm up a little. 

It's a nice sweet treat that isn't overkill. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/22/10 1:34 pm
Topic: RE: When will my Wii stop calling me obese????
 Hey! at least it says it in a cute voice "That's obese!" 

sokay it says it to me too. after it makes the whammy noise. Wah- wah- wah. 

Better than telling me to get my fat ass offa it before I break it, which is what it used to do!

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/22/10 8:45 am
Topic: RE: Back Pain?
 Are you lying down fully yet? How long did you sleep propped up if you did?

I was taking pain meds for the last four days I took it solely for excruciating back pain and then I just said F this! And finally went to bed all the way flat and woke up with a MUCH better back.

If you are, well then...I am totally out of suggestions. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/22/10 6:10 am
Topic: RE: I am 10 years post op. anyone else still alive? healthy?
 Didn't someone on the main board say we were ALL dead. I recall one of the banders coming over to alert us to the fact that we were all deceased. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/21/10 11:24 pm
Topic: RE: Mixed Messages on Recovery?
 I feel like the nurses in day surgery at St. Francis do an exceptional job monitoring. If anything I would call their level of monitoring, stabbing, poking, prodding and haranguing to be harassment. 

They did suggest maybe I stay off island and closer to the hospital which I was like meh whatever, because it's actually quicker by emergency helicopter to the hospital than by road. lol. And I went home. 

I dunno, I feel that by in large, especially for lap surgery most people probably do well and any complications they have are a blip. And statistically it's not a big deal to send people home. I mean they sent me home after lap gallbladder removal an hour post surgery. I'm sure, with his low complication rates and (of course) death rates (I asked him how many people he'd had that died and he said 1 and it was not due to complications of surgery) that he's pretty secure in what he's doing. 

I just really really enjoyed being at home in my own bed. Others might have found it scary and difficult (I do know of a few srikanth patients who have said they would have liked to get a better handle on drinking before leaving or other things) but I would have been stressed out and exhausted after 3 days in the hospital. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/21/10 11:36 am
Topic: RE: Font size on posts
 It's not a permanent fix and it makes everything HUGE on the site as well as the font, but if you have a PC and hold down CTRL and then scroll the wheel on your mouse it'll zoom in everything for you. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 977 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 439 views