DS Doc Needed

PYJennings
on 9/22/14 4:03 am - Silver Spring, MD

Finally, after battling my insurance company for 6 years, they are going to approve WLS!

Now, I need to find a doctor. I have an appointment scheduled with Dr. Nicholas S. Tapazoglou in Vienna, VA; but I would like more than one option/opinion.

Does anyone know of any DS doctors in the Washington, DC Metro Area

larra
on 9/22/14 7:25 am - bay area, CA

Apparently Dr. Tapazoglou (his name is new to me) works with Dr. Elariny, who is well known and well regarded as a DS surgeon. Dr. T completed his fellowhship just over a year ago. I have no idea how much experience he has with the DS, but his having trained with Dr. Elariny is a very good sign. These are the only surgeons in the Washington DC area that I know of who do the DS.

When you meet Dr. T, you can and should ask him the extent of his experience with the DS, and any other questions you want to assure yourself that you are in good hands. The only alternative for you that I know of would be to have a consult with Dr. Elariny, who definitely has lots of DS experiencee. It's possible that they operate together - ask!

Larra

PYJennings
on 9/22/14 7:45 am - Silver Spring, MD

Thank you so much, I actually have a consultation scheduled with Dr. T in October. I am however not all that comfortable with his limited experience.  I also doubt that Dr. Elariny performs surgery with him, as Elariny requires payment in the amount of $6k up front.

I have reached out to a Dr. in NYC by the name of Mitchell S. Roslin at Lenox Hill Hospital. I know two of his patients personally who have been very successful.

MajorMom
on 9/22/14 6:54 pm - VA

I've spoken with Dr T and was quite impressed. Dr E is very hard to please and he's made Dr T a partner, so I would be good with him. Here's what I've heard though: he may try to talk you out of the DS, maybe just to see if you're committed. Go in there prepared. Tell him about your network here and that you have an army of post-op DSrs that stand by to help you. You are aware that some DSrs battle gas and the other things but you also know there are ways to control things, like staying low carb and taking really good probiotics. Good luck and keep us posted. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

LaurenInTheSun
on 9/28/14 11:57 pm

I just had my DS with Dr Greenbaum in NJ, about 20 minutes north of Philadelphia- he is great so far!  I am luckily only about 40 minutes away, but I've heard a lot of positives about how he will work with traveling, he even has a map in his office of where his patients come from.  Good luck!

High: 305; Two Week Pre-Op: 234.8; Surgery 221.8; Current 212; Goal 125

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 723 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1027 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 344 views