Another Product Review - Premier Protein (Chocolate)

Felicia S.
on 4/5/13 2:56 am - Lincoln, NE

I have to give this a thumbs down review.  The flavor was okay, but I couldn't get past the consistency of the shake.  It was lumpy...gelatinous....no matter how much I shook it, stirred it, etc.  It sort of reminded me of curdled milk (although it didn't taste spoiled).  I bought a 12-pack at Sam's and returned it for a refund.

Have others had that experience with Premier Protein shakes or do you think it might have been a fluke?

Felicia

HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

alaska_aries2131
on 4/5/13 5:18 am
DS on 06/15/12

I drink the ready to go protein shakes and have not had that problem it is one of the few I can tolerate that helps me get it in. Do you normally drink protein they all have different consistencies and I had been drinking them so long I don't think I notice anymore but after surgery my taste buds changed and some proteins make me really sick to my stomach and this one sits best.  So it is all trial and error

Felicia S.
on 4/5/13 5:54 am - Lincoln, NE

I dislike most protein drinks. I do like the ready to drink Atkins and EAS, but I didn't like the Premier Protein.  Maybe I'll try it again in the future.  Hopefully the next one won't be chunky...lol.

jashley
on 4/5/13 7:14 am
DS on 12/19/12

I totally agree with you about the thickening agent in those shakes.  I don't like them either.  The chocolate tastes OK, but the consistency is not for me.

also - I found that if I drank one with dinner or after dinner, it floated back up when I went to sleep.  I woke up choking on this shake because it came back up like a bad case of GERD.  So I am still trying to finish the case of them - but I drink them before 2pm now.  It seems they hit my stomach and expand even more.

jashley
on 4/5/13 8:17 am
DS on 12/19/12

I just whipped one out (and it's past 2pm!).  It has 30 grms of protein which is really good for a small container, 1 carb (matches the top protein powders) and 24 vitamins and minerals.  The added vitamins is a good point.

Once in a while, if I get lax on my vitamins, I will toss in a scoop of the Bariatric Protein Shake powder because it has a bunch of vitamins and minerals in it.  And it has that same, gelatinous consistency. 

JJPink 1
on 4/5/13 8:32 pm

My mother complained of the same thing but she had the ones that comes in the new packaging with the screw on top. I have been buying this for some time and it was never lumpy or gelatinous. I'm wondering if you've bought the new packaged ones? If so if there is a correlation........ My mom purchased hers from Sams as well. I purchase mine at Costco since its a better deal for the 18 pack for $25. They are the regular old ones with the peel top.

5' 7 3/4 I claim 5'8 SW/CW/GW 267/144/160 <---Dr's goal. My goal was 165lbs. Trying to build muscle. So, unsure what weight I'll be at  once I meet my fitness goals.

Felicia S.
on 4/5/13 11:28 pm - Lincoln, NE
Mine was a 12 pack for 18 but it was the peel type too.

Tabitha70
on 4/6/13 12:45 am

I've been drinking one every morning for a few years now.  It should be smooth, no lumps.  One time, over a year ago I had some that had lumps...I called Premier and they sent me a new case.  There is something wrong with the batch you bought, return it or call Premier.   Wish they would sell the strawberry at Costco, I'd love to try it but am too cheap to pay shipping!

*************************************************************************************

RNY 11/00
with starting BMI of 57. Most lost was 52% EWL and BMI of 41.
Gained back every single pound.
Revision to DS 12/08 with starting BMI of 57 (again)
Over 3 years DS post-op, currently BMI of 26.3 
200lbs. gone as of 6/27/10 !!  I'm HALF of the old me as of 10/8/10 !! ONEderland 3/7/11 !!

LadyDi1970 and I are Angel buddies! 

NYer
on 4/7/13 1:13 pm

Oh, I LOVE those rtd shakes!  On cold mornings, I heat one up and have some hot chocolate!  I agree that you got a bad batch...they have always been smooth and very easy to drink.  Take it back and call the company.

Recently I got a vanilla whey powder at Costco that is also wonderful.  I wish they would sell it in chocolate, but the vanilla is good.

BrightsideSusan
on 4/8/13 4:58 am - Pleasanton, CA

I get the Vanilla ones at Costco - no issues with lumps.  I like to add drops of flavor extracts to change up the flavor - this is my go to breakfast!

BrightsideSusan
HW310 CW143 GW150

BPD-DS on October 24, 2012

fitnessfoodlife.blogspot.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 977 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 437 views