Sore gums???

yorkieGal
on 9/17/12 1:08 pm - Clermont, FL

Hi Guys,
Haven't posted on here in a while as so busy.
I have a question, has anyone else suffered with sore gums??
I havent had labs done in a while as I don't currently have insurance. but I wonder if anyone knows which deficiency could be to blame (if any)???? Anyone had experiences with this.
(by the way, I brush at least twice a day, floss at night and use gum health mouthwash, always have done).
Thanks in advance oyu guys,

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

MajorMom
on 9/17/12 2:00 pm - VA
Are you supplementing everything including all the B vitamins, C and D?

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 9/17/12 3:06 pm - OKC, OK
Good to hear from you, Yorkie. Vit deficiency or anemia.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

mylittleblackdress
on 9/17/12 11:12 pm - FL
I had the same problem for a while.  I found out was caused by the toothpaste I was using.  Once I switched the problem went away.
jennyrenny
on 9/18/12 7:14 am - Canada
DS on 08/11/12
Ever since University I get sore gums when I am stressed out. The dentist said it is not uncommon. Also, some meds can cause this. Are you on any new meds?

HW: 365, SW (August 11, 2012): 351

puppysweets1
on 9/18/12 8:16 am - CA
Scurvy can cause gum problems. That would be low vit C.  My tongue got sore, but not my gums when I was anemic and my legs hurt at night.  Wish you could afford to get your labs done. Good luck

RNY to DS  210 lbs gone for 5 years.

yorkieGal
on 9/18/12 1:48 pm - Clermont, FL
HI Guys,
I take D, E, A, K all Vitalady, 2 multis a day, 1 proferrin with 1 Ester C and my calcium/mag....maybe I need to up the proferrin and add more C.
I stopped taking a B complex as the last time I had labs done they were very high and Hemo doc said my multis would probably be sufficient.
maybe I'll add them back and up the C and E and proferrin

Thanks you guys
Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Heather E.
on 9/18/12 9:02 pm
I was having a problem with this for awhile.  Talked to my dentist, and he put me on a prescription mouthwash called chlorahexadine (sp?).  It really worked well, had to use it for about three months, but it took care of the problem.  Just went last week for my six-month cleaning and check-up, and the dentist said everything looks great now, so the mouthwash did whatever it was supposed to do.

~Heather~

HW: 249/ CW: 130/ GW: 140

kirmy
on 9/19/12 6:28 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom

Hey Yorkie!

Don't have oral thrush do you?  Any pain and tenderness over the other mucosa in your mouth?  Build up on your tongue?  Bowel acting a bit dicky?

Can you afford to fly home and have your labs done....probably cheaper than getting it done in the states?

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
yorkieGal
on 9/24/12 9:04 am - Clermont, FL
Hey Guys, thanks for the replies....I am planning on coming home in a couple of months so will get my labs done in the UK.
I also ahve the begining of a toothache so will need to see the dentist and will ask about the mnouthwash suggested.
Thanks again
Yorkie xx

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 977 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 438 views