I can see clearly now, the rain has gone

Sher Bear Mama
on 12/12/11 12:24 pm
Just an update: Turned the corner yesterday afternoon.  I spent the evening walking around the house with my hubby by my side and then sipping juice in bed while we chatted and watched TV. This morning I awoke feeling good.  I pooped (sorry for the TMI but it's important, right!) and I drank, and I ate some applesauce, and I strolled around.  I spent much of the day resting and walking but honestly felt fine.  I didn't need the Zofran today and the Prilosec seems to be working well for me.  

Tonight at about 5:00 I came out of my room, strolled around, then sat and watched TV with my 6 year old.  Sat at the table had more applesauce, watched my kid do homework, helped cut my baby's nails---it was so nice to have a small taste of normal.  

I'm going to be cautiously optomistic and realize that though I had a very good day today, there will be many many more days to come that will be a struggle.  However, I am thankful for today.  And I'm thankful to you for letting me share it with you.

~S

Sher--the bear mama

KarenFlorida
on 12/12/11 12:36 pm - Orlando, FL
I'm glad you're feeling better!
Karen
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

pktwatch
on 12/12/11 12:55 pm
Glad that it is going well for you.

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

* Gail R *
on 12/12/11 1:35 pm - SF Bay Area, CA
Remember that you are recovering from a very major surgery. I didn't expect to fell good for a month and was happy when it happened sooner. You are doing great!

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

provolisa
on 12/12/11 2:56 pm - Provo, UT
Sher,

You just share away! I am really glad that you had this taste of normal, which should be how you feel more and more often. I am glad your hubby was so supportive, and that you got to spend time with your children. You go, girl!

~Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

J G.
on 12/12/11 3:39 pm
Excellent!  I'm so glad you had a better day.  That will help you to glimpse the light at the end of the tunnel.

- Jenny
sandyv63
on 12/12/11 9:30 pm - Naples, FL
You may have some moments but it sounds like from here on out, things will continue to progress and it really does get better quickly. Hang in there!
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
(deactivated member)
on 12/12/11 11:23 pm - Beverly, NJ
Sounds like you're doing fantastic!
Some days will be better than others and don't be surprised when you wake up one morning feeling like crap again. It's normal to go through bad and good in the beginning. I love your positive attitude, it will really help in the long run!
orangecrushed
on 12/12/11 11:27 pm - Triad, NC
Glad things are looking up for ya, Sher!  I felt fabulous the day after my surgery, and just did way too much... walked too much, stood around too much... it totally kicked my ass!  I was miserable the day after.  I'm home now, and still kind of paying for my sins from doing too much.  So, just make sure you aren't over extending yourself.  It pays you back in spades.

Hope you continue improving more and more! :]
Sher Bear Mama
on 12/13/11 2:53 am
 Are you home?
Sher--the bear mama

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 977 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom