OT: Need your opinions on this dress (re: proper etiquette)

Felicia S.
on 10/13/11 3:58 pm - Lincoln, NE
Hi everyone!  I'm going to a wedding on Saturday.  Other than my own wedding, I've only been to one other wedding years ago.  I'm not even really sure what is proper to wear.  It is an afternoon wedding.  I have no idea how formal.  I picked a dress that I thought was pretty, but my mom thought maybe there was too much white.  I would never want anyone to think I was trying to upstage the beautiful bride (as if I could!!), but I was surprised by my mom's comment.  Maybe ANY amount of white is inappropriate...I dunno.  Here is the dress.  Please give me your honest opinion.  If the majority of you agree with my mom I will do my best to find something else tomorrow.  Thank you for your time.  Here is the pic:

HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

lauralisi
on 10/13/11 4:09 pm - Dona Ana, NM
I think it is lovely, especially with a black hat, gloves and shoes.  Have fun and You Look Mahvslass, Dahling!
Janet P.
on 10/13/11 8:10 pm
On October 13, 2011 at 11:09 PM Pacific Time, lauralisi wrote:
I think it is lovely, especially with a black hat, gloves and shoes.  Have fun and You Look Mahvslass, Dahling!
I think it's perfect and you look great.  Definitely not too much white. And I absolutely agree with the black accessories. Love the idea of a hat!

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

beth-28
on 10/13/11 6:13 pm
It's a very pretty dress. In my opinion it would work very well for a wedding.
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

teachmid
on 10/13/11 9:18 pm - OKC, OK
I think you and the dress look wonderful and its perfect. I agree with the others...black accessories. Have fun.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Elizabeth N.
on 10/13/11 10:39 pm - Burlington County, NJ
There's not a chance in a million that anyone could think you were wearing too much white. That's SUCH an outmoded thing, anyway.

The only way this dress could possibly be inappropriate for a daytime wedding (a very formal evening setting might call for a long dress/gown, but this is never the case during the day) is if it's a farm or ranch wedding where the bride and groom are arriving on horseback or by tractor. Then it would be a bit formal :-). It would be a bit out of place at a beach wedding too, I suppose LOL.

I think it covers all bases perfectly. You could take a change of shoes (lower heels/more stable) for if you find that you're going to be in an informal environment for the reception.

Question: Are you wearing the foundation garments in this picture that you intend to wear with the dress? If so, I'd like to suggest that you consider a bit more shopping in that department. An all in one smoother/shaper would be in order, preferably the kind that is kinda sorta like a full slip. I'm showing Spanx options, which are pricey, but there are other brands that work well.

Hide and Sleek Slip-SuitSpanx.com - ASSETS® Fantastic Firmers Mid-Thigh BodysuitSpanx.com - Slim Cognito Shape-SlipHide and Sleek Full SlipSpanx.com - Slimplicity Lingerie-Strap SlipSpanx.com - ASSETS® Fantastic Firmers Convertible Full Slip

Felicia S.
on 10/14/11 2:24 am - Lincoln, NE
Thank you everyone!  I'm going to go to Target right now and search for a smoother/shaper.  I'm definitely more bumpy than I'd like and that's not gonna change until I get plastics.

I'm really looking forward to the wedding...I think it'll be a lot of fun!

Thanks again to all of you!

Felicia

Elizabeth N.
on 10/14/11 10:54 am - Burlington County, NJ
You will LOVE what happens with a shaper :-).

Felicia S.
on 10/14/11 10:27 pm - Lincoln, NE
I bought some that goes from just above the knee and up.  It sort of cracks me up as I spent $6.25 on the dress at the Goodwill and $40 for the shapers...but it definitely has made a difference!

Elizabeth N.
on 10/15/11 8:30 am - Burlington County, NJ
Yeah, but the shaper can be worn LOTS of places :-).

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 977 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 437 views