How Do You All Do With Salads?

sandy_mt
on 9/13/11 5:14 am
I just had my first salad today since revision and so far, so good.  I really needed a change and wanted to try something different.  I had a FABULOUS salad from a place locally called Cafe 56.  They have an awesome buffalo chicken salad with crumbled blue cheese, cukes and crispy buffalo strips cut on the smaller side.  I added blue cheese dressing and it sat well.  Of course, I maybe at 1/3 of it, but it was so GOOD.  I don't hear too much about salads here so I wanted to get everyone's opinion.  I may be paying for it later on with all of that lettuce!!!  

Sandy

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 5:24 am - Saint Louis, MO
I refer to it as becoming a salad shooter (and I totally stole that from someone on here, but I forget who it was).  Goes in the same way it came out.  Pretty gross.  I usually don't eat much lettuce because it grosses me out later.
sandy_mt
on 9/13/11 5:28 am
 Sandy-

I kind of figured that might be the case!!!

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/13/11 5:26 am
A good salad is the classic french pear/endive/blue cheese salad with a mustard vinegarette.

I also had a goat cheese + cranberry salad with arugala salad that was very nice.

Another fave is orange fennel salad with avocado and citrus vinegarette.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Grammo
on 9/13/11 5:45 am - Nashville, TN
I love and crave salads!   So I just have to be sure and protein load them.  Everyone is different, but my system tolerates salads very well - no problems here.
Regards,
Grammo!
(Ticker includes 11.5 pounds lost on the two week pre-op liquid diet.)

High Weight (09-99) 294 DS Consult Weight (06-09)283 
                  Surgery Weight (8-11-09) 271.5 Goal Weight 130
galla1
on 9/13/11 6:01 am
I dont have any issues with salads either.. I stick with leafy greens and add nuts and cheeses and bacon or what ever I have around that is high in protein.. I LOVE ME SOME SALADS!! :)
Shavonne P.
on 9/13/11 6:27 am
I have been craving salad something serious, but I hear about the effects the lettuce has on ds'ers so I have been scared to try. 
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/13/11 6:39 am
Oh, it's a YMMV thing. I was worried too, the veggies do move a little faster through the pipes, but whether or not it will casuse discomfort is sort of an unknown unless you try. Maybe on a weekend try a little salad, make sure you don't need to run any errands after that just in case you don't react well. That way you're not out and about if you have the urge to make a pit stop.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Shavonne P.
on 9/13/11 6:45 am

Good idea.  Thanks!

Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
AllieInOntario
on 9/13/11 7:02 am
Oddly, I'm three months out, and I'm doing well with salad, tomato and cukes.  I load it full of nice greasy Farm Boy Garlic Ceaser dressing.  It doesn't come out, as it goes in.  No end run problems here.

Oddly, I've found that in the last 2 or 3 weeks, (since my first try with it)... it helps me slow down my eating.  I don't eat much, but I've spent most of my life being a fast eater - bar/resto biz, then eating on the run etc as an r/e agent.   The salad keeps me sticking a fork into my mouth, but the lettuce isn't dense, so I don't get that feeling like there's someone running over my ribs with a Mac Truck.  It really slows down my eating patterns/fill up pattern in a big way.   Try salad when you're planning to be close to the bathroom for a day or so.   
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 977 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 437 views