Many THANKS to Diana Cox!!

norahs_here
on 7/28/11 10:37 am
I went to a new pcp today.  I was like not looking forward to it, but I came prepared.  I took the letter I believe you posted a year or so ago.  It's the one with a picture of the DS anatomy on it.  I was able put in all my info and handed him a copy of it.  My new Dr. was MOST impressed!  He actually READ it all, asked me questions and was more than happy to order all the blood work.  He said he wishes all his patients were this PROactive.  He said it was so informative to him.  It is obvious that you put a lot of time and effort into making this letter.  So, from me to you...THANK YOU for all you do to help each and everyone of us out!  You are the BEST!!!

If you are a newbie, perhaps someone will come along and post where to get the document I am referring too.  It was a HUGE help today in helping my new Dr. UNDERSTAND the DS.  I copied it and placed it in my word documents a long time ago so I am of no help.....sorry.
~~Never regret something that once made you smile~~

Sharon  (norah's spelled backwards!)
had_enuf
on 7/28/11 10:59 am - East Bay, CA
       Judy                   HW359/Consult288/SW275          

beemerbeeper
on 7/28/11 12:28 pm - AL
Readers please note that the lab list at the bottom of the letter to the PCP may not be all inclusive.  This is the list of labs that VitaLady recommends:
docs.google.com/Doc

Sher Bear Mama
on 7/28/11 11:10 am
Diana Cox is the best.  She's been such help to me.
Sher--the bear mama

norahs_here
on 7/28/11 1:33 pm
I guess I forgot to mention that I brought that list of blood draws from Vitalady too. That is what my labs were drawn from.

I hope all newbies get this info because it really is our NEW LIFE from the day we were operated on til death do us part!
zuzupetals2u2
on 7/28/11 1:40 pm - Sedona, AZ
Ya I will always be greatful to Diana Cox also as I first came on here seeking an RNY and wondered where Dr Schlessinger in Phoenix was. . . .thank God she straightened me out on the surgery & surgeon ! She was quick to swoop down to my rescue!!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

J G.
on 7/28/11 3:31 pm
. . .thank God she straightened me out on the surgery & surgeon ! She was quick to swoop down to my rescue!!

awww...ain't that great!  Thanks Diana
Poodles
on 7/28/11 2:05 pm - TX
I call Diana my "Carb Angel".  She lovingly helped me out at my lowest point (and when I say lovingly, I mean honestly).

I love her little picture with her crown.  It fits her like an angels halo!

We are all very lucky to have her on OUR side! 
 Come to the Dark Side!!!                     
Band to DS revision 11/09/09.
Learn about the Duodenal Switch at dsfacts.com ! Off site comparisons of the 4 WLS 
http://www.thinnertimes.com/weight-loss-surgery/wls-basics/w eight-loss-surgery-comparison.html
http://www.lapsf.com/weight-loss-surgeries.html

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 2:19 pm - San Jose, CA
Aw shucks -- but (1) while I drafted that letter, people over on www.duodenalswitch.com also contributed to reviewing it and giving me feedback on earlier drafts; (2) it was written about 4 or more years ago, and I need to ask Bev to update the lab list on www.DSFacts.com.

And since it needs to be updated, perhaps there could be more feedback from people here?
NoMore B.
on 12/17/11 11:10 am
 Bump
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 977 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 439 views