Protein Shots

BBoop
on 7/27/11 1:47 pm
What is the best brand of proteing shots...tasting and highest in protein?  I'm really having trouble getting in all my protein by the shakes and need something to supplement my efforts.

Also, does anybody know where I can buy Champion protein mix locally?  I know I can get it from Vitalady but right now I don't need any vitamins so I'm just looking for a local place to buy some.  I live in cental Tx.

Thanks so much,
Betty
beemerbeeper
on 7/27/11 1:51 pm - AL
Protein shots are collagen protein and are not what you need.  You need whey or egg based protein.  You can get whey protein almost anywhere.  You can get Champion at Vitamin Shoppe if you have those.

~Becky

BBoop
on 7/27/11 2:20 pm
Dang it...I wanted to do shots.  The whey is bothering me a little...I don't work so I can stay home if my tummy is messed up - well most of the time.  Nope there's no Vitamin shoppe out here.

Thanks,
B
BBoop
on 7/27/11 3:23 pm
What about protein isolate...it is made from whey?  Is that ok?  I found one on a site that is in shots or bullets and it has 42 grams of protein plus 2300 vit D and a bunch of B12.
T H.
on 7/27/11 2:36 pm - Bryantown, MD
I was ordering it online through Vitacost.com which i found to be reasonable when i included the costs of shipping and it came to me FAST.    You can also order online at Vitamin Shoppe.  I assume I chose Vitacost over Vitamin Shoppe for cost and speed when everything was considered.  Its been a while for me though.  Things may have changed cost./speediness-wise.

Teri
The only place were success comes before work is in the dictionary

BBoop
on 7/27/11 2:51 pm
I'll try Vitacost...thanks for the suggetion.
MarciRenee
on 7/27/11 9:21 pm - IA
You could also try www.allstarhealth.com
Marci       
BBoop
on 7/28/11 8:22 am
Thanks for your help.
Betty
scubadiva
on 7/28/11 1:00 am
http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/platinum-hydrowhey- p-271.html    

Platium hdyrowhey is some REALLY GOOD STUFF.   Worth the price in my opinion.  I feel so much better -- I think because of this drink.  I mix it with milk.  I got it at Vitacost.  Vitamin shoppe also has it.
BBoop
on 7/28/11 8:23 am
That is expensive but it may be worth it.  Thanks for the info

Betty
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 977 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 438 views