Recipe for red snapper fillets please??

yorkieGal
on 7/27/11 12:04 am - Clermont, FL
Hey Guys, so we went to our local farmers market on sunday and the seafood guy was there with some awesome huge shrimp and red snapper fillets on special.
I want to cook the 2 fillets for jamie and I tomorrow night for a special dinner, could add some shrimp to the recipe too! anyone got any nice and easy but yummy recipes for the fillets as I've never cooked them before??

Thanks in advance to all you great cooks!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Kayla B.
on 7/27/11 12:18 am - Austin, TX
For fish, I always just put foil in a pyrex dish, spray the foil or put down a bit of oil, place the fish skin side down (if there is skin), drizzle with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and herbs (I just use an all-purpose herb blend from mccormick).

Bake at 400, start checking on it at 10 mins and when it flakes easily, it's done.  sprinkle with lemon juice when finished if you want.

I also think fish tastes good with some sort of aioli sauce over it.  I'm new to making those though, so I haven't made any good ones to share...lol.  It's just a mayo based sauce usually with garlic, herbs, a little hot sauce.  It's that yummy white sauce they put on crab cakes.  So good.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
butercup
on 7/27/11 5:12 am - Kennewick, WA
Make a yummy garlic, lemon juice and peel, fresh parsley, red pepper flake, compound butter. You could even substitute orange or lime for the lemon.

Cook the fish under the broiler with salt and pepper and a little olive oil. Make sure to watch it, probably have the rack in the middle of the oven until just the end of cooking then move it up to crisp it a bit. I love broilers, they're your indoor grill!

Blend the butter up with a mixer before hand. Form it into a roll and chill it in the fridge. When your fish is done just slice a piece of the butter off and place it on your fish. I imagine that it would work for shrimp too.
yorkieGal
on 7/27/11 6:37 am - Clermont, FL
Hi guys, thanks for that. I think i will season it overnight with some garlic and then bru**** with olive oil and broil. I thought a nice lemon garlic butter sauce will go well. Hey Kayla, I love aioli, I had the best when I was in Seville at a tapas bar - made my mouth water!!
I managed to buy some ready made at Whole Foods today!

yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 695 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1011 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 340 views