Dr Keshishian/ Med-cal?

SimplyBe
on 7/24/11 4:13 am
Hey I know Dr. Keshishian used to accept California's medi-cal...does anyone here know if he still does?
Thanks
larra
on 7/24/11 4:30 am - bay area, CA
I know that he accepts Medicare, but I don't know about Medi-cal. Give his office a call tomorrow, they should know.

Larra
Samaro ..
on 7/24/11 6:51 am
If you call his office and find that he doesn't take Medi-Cal you can check with Dr. Crookes at USC.

nightowl
on 7/24/11 8:43 am, edited 7/24/11 8:45 am - Topeka, KS

I think the answer is kinda, sorta, unless it has changed.  My understanding from reading here for the past few years is that he accepts it, BUT that he also charges some thousands of dollars as a program fee (something like $4k, and more than that for revisions than 1st-timers), that I have never seen waived.  In most cases, if someone has, say $4k to spend on a program fee, one wouldn't qualify for Medi-Cal.  Theoretically, it could work if one has a benefactor who will pay the program fee for the patient.  I have never seen anyone here actually get the DS with Keshishian and Medi-Cal at the time of surgery.  Once there was a patient on here who was planning on it and said her boyfriend was going to pay the thousands of dollars in program fee, but then she dropped off of the board.

edited for spelling

Ms. Cal Culator
on 7/24/11 9:30 am - Tuvalu

No...she had the surgery.
nightowl
on 7/24/11 9:40 am - Topeka, KS
Ahhh, good to hear!
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/11 11:47 am
nightowl
on 7/24/11 1:36 pm - Topeka, KS
I always try to be so careful in wording, and still have problems.  I first was writing out the part you re-wrote in red (p.s. is is "more than," not "more then") in a different way, and already modified it before posting to be clear, so as to not imply that the program fee is just for revisions.  I tried to be clear that I was not sure if $4k was current, and whether it was the revision price for program fee or the 1st-timer's program fee -- if you or anyone wants to give the correct, current policy, especially in regards to poor patients on Medi-Cal, I am sure the OP would love to know it.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 7/24/11 9:32 am - Tuvalu
Last I heard, he does a LIMITED QUANTITY of them...as they probably cost him money.  Years ago, I know there was a line the MediCal people had to stand in.  It didn't move very fast.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 695 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1013 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 340 views