Best Quiche Ever Recipe!!! Who posted this?? It's life-changing!!!

Anna G.
on 7/23/11 1:10 am, edited 7/23/11 3:22 am
My first attempt at posting this cut off after the first sentence. Let me try this again!

Someone posted this recipe a while back, and I just filed it away, not being much of a cook (understatement of the century). But lately I've been trying to cook more in an effort to avoid all the sugar in processed foods. So I tried this and it's heaven! My husband is as enamored with it as I am, and even my bff, who said he only ate quiche in the past if he thought it could get him laid, went on and on about its magical deliciousness.

I didn't find any Canadian bacon, so I used deli ham, and the shredded cheddar is my addition, and I amended the instructions to make sense to my non-cooking brain but here it is, in all its light and fluffy and cheesy glory:

BEST QUICHE EVER

package of Canadian Bacon (or several slices deli ham)
package of cream cheese cut in small pieces
8 eggs
about 1/4 cup of heavy cream
one large tomato, sliced
shredded cheddar

Lay Canadian bacon or ham out in the bottom of a pie plate. Whisk the eggs and cream together and pour on top of ham. Strategically place bits of cream cheese all over. Lay tomato on top of uncooked quiche and bake at 350 for approximately 40 minutes or until middle is set. Then spread a thick layer of shredded cheddar on top and bake for another 8 minutes. NOM! If you manage to have any leftovers, they do nuke up very nicely the next day!

Catnip
on 7/23/11 1:52 am - Ottawa, Canada
THis is my vote for best quiche ever.

I have a huge pie plate which i make this in but most people would want to use 2 pie plates

8 eggs
1 cup of cream (or 1/3 milk and 2/3 cup of beaten cottage cheese)
8 oz of cheeese (medium is best)
4 oz of sandwich ham
1/2 to 1  package of frozen spinach (thawed and well drained)

grease pie plates
sprinkle bottom with ham then spinach and then cheese.
grate pepper over cheese if desired
beat eggs together in a bowl and add cream / milk product to them. mix well.
Pour eggs into pie plates trying to cover all the ham and cheese mixture.

Bake at 350 for about 30 mins or until top of quiche is brown and firm when touched.
Serve with toast, and salad or fruit.

You can subsitute sauteed mushrooms for the spinach if your not a spinach fan or some chopped tomatos works as well.

catnip

Citrate or Bust (a few bones) !
catnip.gif picture by catnipcook

Anna G.
on 7/23/11 3:23 am
I will definitely be trying this one too! I love spinach.

Katy S.
on 7/23/11 2:31 am - WA
I'm confused which is the best ever? I don't know but I am definitely trying them I love quiche and spinach and mushrooms and tomatoes mmm I want breakfast now lol
"Hi, my name is Katy...and I am a meat eating spin junkie"
HW: 336/DOS: 306/CW: 153/GW: 140?
~ CSz: 5 - S/M

* G1: 199# 09/28/11 * G2: 175# 11/30/11 * G3: 160# 12/09/11(
"People too weak to follow their dreams, will always try to find a way to discourage yours"

teachmid
on 7/23/11 2:34 am - OKC, OK
Anna,
Which recipe did you use?
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Anna G.
on 7/23/11 3:24 am
Oops! My first post cut off after the first sentence! I just edited the original, but here it is so you'll have it in email:

My first attempt at posting this cut off after the first sentence. Let me try this again!

Someone posted this recipe a while back, and I just filed it away, not being much of a cook (understatement of the century). But lately I've been trying to cook more in an effort to avoid all the sugar in processed foods. So I tried this and it's heaven! My husband is as enamored with it as I am, and even my bff, who said he only ate quiche in the past if he thought it could get him laid, went on and on about its magical deliciousness.

I didn't find any Canadian bacon, so I used deli ham, and the shredded cheddar is my addition, and I amended the instructions to make sense to my non-cooking brain but here it is, in all its light and fluffy and cheesy glory:

BEST QUICHE EVER

package of Canadian Bacon (or several slices deli ham)
package of cream cheese cut in small pieces
8 eggs
about 1/4 cup of heavy cream
one large tomato, sliced
shredded cheddar

Lay Canadian  bacon or ham out in the bottom of a pie plate.  Whisk the eggs and cream together and pour on top of ham.  Strategically place bits of cream cheese all over. Lay tomato on top of uncooked quiche and bake at 350 for approximately 40 minutes or until middle is set.  Then spread a thick layer of shredded cheddar on top and bake for another 8 minutes. NOM! If you manage to have any leftovers, they do nuke up very nicely the next day!

teachmid
on 7/23/11 3:26 am - OKC, OK
Thanks. Can't wait to try this. May have to run to the store for Canadian bacon. I have everything else.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

larra
on 7/23/11 3:34 am - bay area, CA
Is the cream cheese package 8 oz?

this really sounds good, I might actually get my act together and try it. Like you, I'm not much into cooking, but it sounds easy and delish.

Larra
Anna G.
on 7/23/11 4:44 am
Yes, that's right, 8 oz.! It is fabulous.

larra
on 7/23/11 4:49 am - bay area, CA
Thanks!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 695 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1013 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 340 views