Concerned about previous drinking

Tomeka J.
on 9/15/04 1:49 am - Detroit, MI
I have stopped drinking as I wait for a surgery date. But I have been known to be a lush at times. What can I do/eat/take to get myself in the best possible condition before surgery. I don't smoke cigarettes and to date I have never had problems with my liver. Just a little concerned about them having to move your liver to get to your stomache. I read where one lady had a hard time because the Dr said her liver was fatty.
Lalocaweta
on 9/15/04 1:30 pm - Spicewood, TX
Not sure if this is a real answer...But - I was a big drinker prior to surgery. My surgeon ran tests on my liver and said it was in good shape. (Which amazed me....but - I come from a long line of heavy drinkers - so wondering if the genes have mutated to give us livers that tolerate tons of alcohol!!!) Just let your surgeon know that you have been a big drinker in the past. (FYI - I still drink....just no where as close to as much....) Anne 260/210/150
Tomeka J.
on 9/15/04 11:00 pm - Detroit, MI
I will and thanks. By the way Congratulations on your weightloss, much continued success. I'm going to read your profile, I hope you have updated it. Thanks Again!
Robyn I.
on 9/26/04 10:37 pm - Plainfield, NJ
Fatty Liver is not uncommon for over wieght people regardless if they are drinkers. My liver was slightly enlarged and fatty and I am not a drinker. The doctor indicated that it was very common and not an issue. In fact as you loss the wieght the liver will also lose its excess size and fat. I am 27 days post op with no problems. Robyn
Most Active