Has this ever happened to anyone?

tamsue
on 6/1/13 5:20 am - Santee, CA
Hi, I was banded 06/17/2009, it was very successful and I went from 320lbs to 140lbs in no time. I got pregnant with my second child and gave birth to him 03/02/2012. I started having problems with my band after a trip to Peru. I got violently sick and had my fluid taken out. I Had a barium swallow study, a full gi series done, and everything came back normal. I started having problems with progressive burp, food was just constantly coming up, acid reflux was hell (nothing worked), & then my surgeon decided to go in laproscopically again. I ended up having a ruptured hernia and a torn diaphragm. It was all hiding behind my liver and my surgeon fixed it all 05/22/2013. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I love my band, don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to reach out to anyone that has gone through this too. My family wants me to take it out I don't want to I'm happy despite the complications I've endured recently. I'd just like to know I'm not alone and just really trying to reach out. Thank you!
56sunShine14
on 4/23/14 9:48 am

My main issue was a 12 hour vomiting session that would not stop.  That was in 2010, I was banded in 2007.  I had 1cc removed and that stopped the nightmare but I haven't been back.  I am preparing now to get it removed and have a different WLS.  The band has been a whole new experience that I don't want...vomiting as if I were bulimic.

Look also on the lap band board, you will find comments there.

Most Active