In the hospital again, crap! :(

jbird1972
on 5/13/12 4:07 pm - Cary, IL
 had to come to ER (St. Alexius) this afternoon, sucks, but I'm truly blessed that we got to do our Mother's Day stuff before the pain/nausea reached a ridiculous level. I'm at St. Alexius in room 609 Bed B (window seat, thank goodness). I hope to just be here for a day or so, need to stop the flow of food/drink and get pain/nausea under control. I also have been tasting some blood in the back of my throat off and on, but the only time I've ever had that was after the EGD when I had the esophageal tear, and I haven't had an EGD since then...place that in the zebra pile? I don't know...my care in the ER was so-so, no rudeness, just bad pain/nausea management due to the heavy flow of patients that all came at once (I brought them with me I guess). It's been one of those things where the pain was an 8/10, meds started coming down, but then it came back and by the time you wait 2 hours, it's back to an 8...vicious cycle, same with nausea :

Jules RNY 10/30/2007

moxy 809
on 5/14/12 7:58 am
Sorry to hear that you are having pain and are back in the hospital.  I have just recently started reading the complications forum and I read your story after seeing some of your posts.  You have really had far more than your share of challenges.  I truly hope that your symptoms are brought under control quickly and that any tests come back okay and you can go home soon.  Take care.
jbird1972
on 5/23/12 2:37 pm - Cary, IL
Thank you Moxy...I spent 6 days in the hospital for pain/nausea control and slowly re-introducing some food back into the system.  I have a wonderful primary care doctor that truly cares, and he is not intimidated or offended that the bulk of my care is being taken care of at Cleveland Clinic.  I know that sounds silly to say, but I have had docs in the past that seemed offended that I was receiving treatment at Cleveland Clinic...ego problems maybe? I'm just thankful for the members of my healthcare team now.

Jules RNY 10/30/2007

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/15/12 8:29 am
((((HUGS))) Hope you feel better soon. Hala

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

jbird1972
on 5/23/12 2:39 pm - Cary, IL
Thank you! I am just now getting around to getting back on here...this last hospital trip really kicked my butt, thankful to be home, and now just need to focus on prepping for my next surgery in July...keep the prayers and hugs coming :)

Jules RNY 10/30/2007

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/23/12 11:07 pm
Will do... keep positive.. (HUGS)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active