Avon Walk against Breast Cancer NYC

JEllen
on 10/1/09 12:18 pm - Capital Region, NY
I don't normally post here, however, due to the importance of this effort I thought I would ask for your help..

My Wonderful PCP sent out a letter to his patients regarding his special efforts to aid in the fight against BREAST CANCER.
His wife had it  a number of years ago when their children were small.

When she lost her hair. HE shaved his head. Since her recovery he has participated in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in NYC every year. This is his 11th year.  (He even has a pink ribbon tattoed on his ankle with his wife's name in it)

Last year he &  (his patients- his friends) raised over $58,000 dollars for breast cancer research and to assist under insured, not insured women.

Due to the difficult economic times, I am not in a position to give as much as I normally do. I feel badly about this. However, I was thinking perhaps... some of you have loved ones or you - yourself  who are enduring the treatment for Breast Cancer and are hoping for success.
perhaps some of you have lost dear loved ones to this loathsome disease. Many years ago I lost a friend who was only in her mid 20's who left behind her husband and a young son- I think he was 3.

Perhaps you would like the opportunity to donate a SMALL amount.
Of course, if you aren't able to at this time I understand but just wanted to let you know about this wonderful doctor and his desire to abolish this terrible disease...

the NYC Avon Walk for Breast Cancer is Oct. 10/11.
Let's hope they have good weather!!!

You can go online to make a donation @ avonwalk.org

Participant's name: Dr. Michael M. Sheridan
Participant's # 981314

My heartfelt thanks to each of you....
Sincerely, Judy (JEllen)

Most Active