post wls,, and I am worried ..

qualitygrrl43
on 9/13/09 12:32 pm
Hi, I have chronic active Hep. C for about 23 years now. Thats not so much the problem. my labs are ok,, but for about the last 4 months now, I have pretty significant itching, my scalp, my chest, my ankles, legs, esp. my right arm.. etc. I have a swelling in my neck that feels about rubbery and doesnt see to ever hurt, about the size of a big black olive.  (go figure I would compare the size to FOOD! LOL) anyhow, I see a hematologist/ oncologist, my dr referred me to, and I see him tues. am. my pcp referred me because of the hep c.... but they know about my itching and node.. i think i am feeling a couple other bumps around this area.. anyone ever had itching like this with cancer? I am real concerned, it has no ryhm or reason. tried elimnating and adding etc, different things. still can come on. sometimes a shower or sweating from a workout, can make me scratch myself raw, in fact I think I have a little infection around my ankle right now, its pink with zig zag line scabs, but no scabies, etc. nothing like that. no sigificant rash per se.. ok thanks for listing. I have lots going in my life at the moment.. and this is one of them I am a bit concerned about. what should I say to the cancer doc? anything? thanks in advance.
cdiva
on 9/23/09 3:10 am - Somewhere, AL

Hello,

I read you post and just want to offer my prayers that everything will turnout okay.

Much Love,
Cdiva
beth brown
on 11/1/09 9:10 pm - Marshall, MO
Hi ,

My name is Beth , I also just had cancer surgery on 8/10/09 , very scary I know , I did have the itching and well mine was kinda different I guess , It was in the inner lining of my vaginal area , started off as a lump and with me scraching made into a sore  , so I finally went to the doctor and that what they told me , So anyway I think teh doctor got it all , I hope and pray .

My prayers and thoughs are with you and your family . Try to stay focused and busy if you feel like it. I just remeber not wanting to set inside my house , I was so depressed and if I would go to my moms and just set there untill I had to take my kids home for bed and then that would get me through that day. My husband works nights, it was a very lonly and scary time. But you will and can get through this . just dont take NO for an answer and feel free to e-mail if you need to .

I am also post WLS but about 6 yrs now , I had a LAP/RNY , It was successful but I have gained some of my weight back and would like yo have a revision some day and have lots of nasty loose skin also. Okay well believe in the power of prayer . You will be in mine .

Beth Brown
(deactivated member)
on 11/8/09 6:15 pm - Canandaigua, NY
Hi - I don't know if you'll still be checking back here this much later, but I'm visiting here for the first time and saw your post.   Hopefully the oncologist you were referred to has cleared you of anything malignant, but your symptoms are very typical of Lymphoma, both Hodgkins and Non-Hodgkins. Both are very treatable, so don't panic!  But if for some reason you haven't seen an oncologist by now, I'd urge you to do so.  

Best wishes,

Laura
Most Active