need help just to be a friend

Margo M.
on 1/10/08 8:48 pm, edited 3/9/08 10:10 pm - Elyria, OH

bops_bug
on 1/14/08 12:57 pm
Hi, If she has called you then she is not shutting you out. I have worked with support groups with cancer survivors for a few years and I am a cancer survivor and so is your friend. I can tell you how I felt when going through chemo and I have found that most people that I have  spoken with felt pretty much the same. Those that called and asked what they could do never did and those that showed up and did, never asked. One of the best days I had when going through chemo was when a friend from 4 hours away showed up with a bunch of snacks I could not eat. She put me in the car and took me to the mall. I made it to the bench outside the mall and we sat there for about 1/2 hour before she took me home again. It was nice to have the immediate support from hubby and family but it was always nice to talk to someone about the hubby and family. Be careful that you dont confuse her actions with what you want her to act like, or need her to act like. As far as when is it a good time to talk? Just like someone without cancer.....if it is a bad time, she will let you know. Just don't take it personally and don't give up keep trying. I hope this has helped.

Margo M.
on 1/14/08 6:15 pm - Elyria, OH
Most Active