stomach cancer/rny

judy_lynn
on 10/12/07 1:06 pm
Hi everyone, my name is judy and i was diagnosed with stomach cancer one year ago.  after undergoing chemotherapy for 3 month i had a total gastrectomy (RNY) followed by 3 more month of chemo.  I now have a J-tube to assist me in getting enough calories.  I'm actually trying not to lose weight but to gain or at least maintain.  I have been eating since April of this year and am finding very difficult.  foods don't appeal to me very much and i have a hard time eating enough to maintain my weight without feeling terrible.  I don't know if I am in the right group here but have found no support groups for people who have gastrectomies due to cancer, and all the challenges that go along with that.  Is there anyone here with a similar problem?   My best to everyone here.  Judy
happyteacher
on 1/7/12 10:19 pm
 Hi Judy,

Have you looked online to see if there is a forum dedicated to stomach cancer patients?  When I was first diagnosed with skin cancer I found cancerforums.net.  They were great about answering some questions, and that is where I found out about  a Mohs surgeon.  I don't know much about stomach cancer, just a partial gastrectomy (sleeve surgery).  Sending good karma your way!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

happyteacher
on 9/1/12 1:15 pm

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

David147
on 7/3/15 10:46 pm

Stomach cancer is cancer that occurs in the stomach — the muscular sac located in the upper middle of your abdomen, just below your ribs. Your stomach receives and holds the food you eat and then helps to break down and digest it. 

Another term for stomach cancer is gastric cancer. These two terms most often refer to stomach cancer that begins in the mucus-producing cells on the inside lining of the stomach (adenocarcinoma). Adenocarcinoma is the most common type of stomach cancer. 

kylee
on 5/11/10 1:42 am
Since you with RNY just follow the recommended diet. You can have small frequent feeding. You can do it, always think that it's not just you who is suffering that illness. Some people does and yet they survive with a smile omn their faces. Good luck I know you can make it.
Health is important!

Most Active