3 Years and Counting!

Pegtrala
on 4/28/07 5:47 pm - Beaverton, OR
  It has been THREE years since my first surgery, and I'm still here! I thank God every day for another day. Each one is a bonus. I am well. I have color in my face and my lips again. What a blessing! I had my yearly CAT scan last week along with blood work etc. My very kind doctor called the following day to tell me that everything checked out fine. Whew! What a relief! I had been feeling pretty tense about this upcoming anniversary...especially since I knew I would need to once again have a CAT scan to make sure that the stomach cancer had not returned. Now I can relax and get back to "normal" living. There are alot of adjustments to make after surgery, and even three years later, I still am aware of some of them. I realize that my surgery was pretty extreme due to having to have all of my stomach removed during my second surgery, but it also is amazing how much the body can adapt. I am so grateful. My "TWO-YEAR anniversary" for my second surgery will be August 12th. It is pretty wonderful to now be measuring the time in years instead of months. I am also grateful to this OH website. I haven't been posting for several months because I am no longer "new" to the process. However, this is an extremely valuable website. I still have it listed in my favorites, and I always know that I can come back here for encouragement/information/sharing. God bless each of you on your journey.

Pegtrala        

barrelt
on 4/30/07 9:18 am - Wilmington, DE
Congratulations on your three year anniversary. I wish you many more.  Take care,  Linda Barrett Ovarian Cancer Survivor
Pegtrala
on 4/30/07 1:27 pm - Beaverton, OR
Thanks, Linda.  How are you doing? Peg  :angel:

Pegtrala        

barrelt
on 5/3/07 12:10 am - Wilmington, DE
Hi Peg,  I am sorry I haven't posted a response. I don't check this forum everyday because there doesn't seem to be alot of activity. I was hoping that I would find a site like this but with more activity. To answer your question...I am fine. I think...I had some pain in my upper abdomin , went to the oncologist, had a cat scan done and they didn't find anything. I think it might be a hernia or an ulcer. I am going to my Gastric bypass doctor tomorrow. Wish me luck! I know what you mean about getting back to "normal". I went to a class for life after cancer and they called it the "New" normal.  So let's get back to our "new normal" life. Take care and God Bless, Linda
Pegtrala
on 5/3/07 1:12 am - Beaverton, OR
That sounds about right when they say "new normal."  I am going to my internist this morning.  I'm still pretty uptight about alot of things.  I have put on a few pounds, and I definitely don't want to continue THAT trend!   You take care, Linda.  God bless you too. Peg  :angel:

Pegtrala        

kago16
on 11/17/07 4:35 pm - central pa, PA
Congrats...wishing you continued health

370/255/150---High/current/goal

Most Active